SAE looks like it is turning into a dragon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monik

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently had two Cory's die and on the advice of a fish store clerk I did a huge almost 80% water change so my parameters are now pretty well all zero. ph is 7.6. While I was cleaning the tank I removed the other fish and I noticed that one of my Siamese Algae Eaters is looking abnormal. I have had two SAE's for over a year and now one is looking very fat and it's scales are spiky.

Its a 25 gallon tank, a few plants and 6 other tetras. I have been googling and I haven't found anything like this. Please see photo.

Attachments

• sadfish.jpg
    sadfish.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 95
You can try clout but that is a last resort but looks like it might come to using it

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Nevermind sorry clout is for bloat i got them confused

Mardel Clout is for ick(Kills all life stages of ick unlike other meds within 24-48 hours), and some parasites, hexamita.

Bloat 99% is not treatable unfortunately:(

Well glad i have this forum, i was told wrong thanks all for the info

Definitly dropsy. Dropsy isn't a disease on its own but more of a symptom caused by infection. It's hard to recover from dropsy, but there are some articles online that detail possible treatments to help with survival rate.

It's most likely a water problem (and seems your LFS agrees). I would keep doing water changes and monitor any other fish in the tank.

Does your SAE look like it may have been injured? The only time I've dealt with dropsy personally was with a betta that had been tearing its fins. Salt baths seemed to make him feel better, but ultimately I lost him.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom