SAFE Fruits and Vegetables for your tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My goldie won't touch oranges. Its funny you mention watching them feed at petsmart, that seems to be the best place in my area for well-cared-for fish. I never tried banana. She'll eat cooked cabbage pieces. Don't know it its good for her or not but she goes nuts.

One time I was eating a grape and I was going past my tank. The fish looked hungry and swam roudn the front so I mushed part of my grape and dropped it in the tank. Rainbows and tetras loved it!

Peas are my all time fave. They sink like tablets and they are much cheaper than catfish tabs. Everybody likes them. 1 pea gets mushed up for the teras, rainbows and gourami. 2 more peas I drop whole for the loaches and pleco. The loaches drill little holes in the peas before the pleco comes and gnaws them off.

Blucat,

How often do you feed the peas? I was under the impression they are good to give one a week or so but not more often since they are laxatives. I use them maybe once every 2 weeks to "keep them regular" :)

Great replies all.

Back
Top Bottom