Sage Advice From A Master

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jarrod0987

Aquarium Advice FINatic
img_3355720_0_386a441c3b518539196aac8611866a03.jpg

I tried every way to possibly reduce and eliminate these as possible. It is possible in heavily planted tanks that have been established for a long enough. In the end, WC's are just much less money and knowledge required. Only large systems are worth the added methods. Mostly in Salt water. There are just to many problems that Water changes fix to be ignored. As much as I hate that all the advanced methods I tired could not replace them, it is the truth. Studying dirted tanks has made the reasons much more clear to me.

img_3355769_0_386a441c3b518539196aac8611866a03.jpg

I tried every way to possibly reduce and eliminate these as possible. It is possible in heavily planted tanks that have been established for a long enough. In the end, WC's are just much less money and knowledge required. Only large systems are worth the added methods. Mostly in Salt water. There are just to many problems that Water changes fix to be ignored. As much as I hate that all the advanced methods I tired could not replace them, it is the truth. Studying dirted tanks has made the reasons much more clear to me.
[emoji91]

Karen

;) I had a 5.5g self sustaining "just add water as it dissipates" tank for 5 years.... Took me 5 years to create it and 15 minutes for it to be destroyed by the addition of an untreated plant... Very costly cheap plant mistake!!! I will not try again... It was devastating....

;) I had a 5.5g self sustaining "just add water as it dissipates" tank for 5 years.... Took me 5 years to create it and 15 minutes for it to be destroyed by the addition of an untreated plant... Very costly cheap plant mistake!!! I will not try again... It was devastating....

Sorry to hear that. BBA is a nasty, hard to get rid of algae that loves to sneak in on plants. Dipping with 19-1 Bleach to water seems to be a very effective way to prevent it. Wish I knew that a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom