Saltwater newbie asking question about clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium fish lover

Aquarium Advice Regular
1.is clownfish hard to take care?

2.do clownfish need an anemone to survive?

3.is clownfish need a highly oxygenated tank?

4.will clownfish survive in a low oxygenated tank?

5.will they accept a fake anemone?

6.what tank size is prefer for 2 pairs of clownfish ?

Lastly,can 2pair of clownfish survive in a 15gal tank?

Have you bothered to search anything before asking these questions?

1. no

2. no

3. no, normal is fine

4. Will you survive in a low oxygenated room? most likely but youll hate your life the entire time.

5. dont know, i wouldnt try it though

6. 2 clowns would need to be in a rather large tank, they will kill each other if they dont have enough room.

7. one pair pf clowns cant even survive in this

From your questions I can tell you've done no research and will most likely buy a 2 pair of clowns put them in a tank too small and come back asking why your clowns are sick/dead.

Before you buy any living animal, go to Google and type *animal name* care, hit enter, read the first 3 articles that come up. This will give you a good idea of the BASIC requirements to keep the animal alive. If you dont like the idea of researching and learning about your pets then you're most likely in the wrong hobby.

clown fish are not hard to care for and they don't need an anemone to survive all tanks should be oxygenated anyway as for tanks it depends on their size but for two pairs I would think a 29 at least

Thanks but I researched but need more information so I asked these question
And the fake anemone is use the silicon to make one

Why would you have a low oxygenated tank?

A pair of Clowns will need more than a 15g. Even larger depending on what type of clown. Two pair is asking for trouble unless you have a large tank where each pair can have their own territory and pretty much not encounter each other very often.

Second post... Lol

A clownfish is one of the hardiest fish in the hobby an a great beginner fish. You cannot do 2 pairs in a 15 and 1 pair is kind of pushing it unless your certain they are a true mated pair. I have a 55 and tried to pair up 2 small ocellaris bc i thought they liked to be in pairs and the bigger one eventually killed the smaller one.

Really you don't want to have 2 pairs (or any more than 1 pair) ever unless your tank is pretty big I'd say 200 gallons I've read the dominant male of the mated pair will kill all the other clownfish except his mate.

I would instead get one clown and another species like a royal gramma or a chromis or other nano fish.

For oxygen u should get a powehead that turns your tank over bw 10-15 times so for you a 150 gph would be fine.

The fake anemone may work if it looks real enough, clowns have been known to host other inanimate objects just make sure the material is aquarium safe.

You absolutely NEVER turn off your filter unless you want to feed them food that the filter would suck up. You need constant water flow for your tank to stay stable.

1. No
2. No
3. Everything in your tank need it. Turn off your filter at night is like taking off life support of your tank.
4. not suggested
5. Clown doesn't host Anemone for sure, they could choose almost everything to host depend on how they like it.
6. If it s a mated pair, i can see 15g will be fine but not 2 pairs

As above for the most but I have heard of clowns hosting fake anemones before so worth a try no guarantee though. I agree though I wouldn't keep 2 clowns in anything less than a 20 gallon and I wouldn't keep two pairs in less than a 90 where there is plenty of room for them to find space away from the other pair. Don't be discouraged about keeping them though just make sure you research before getting your equipment

Back
Top Bottom