saltwaterfish.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lukasnca

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has anyone ever had problems ordering from saltwaterfish.com? I'm thinking about filing a complaint against them.

I recently placed an order with them and I didn't receive all of the things on my order. Also I ordered a bottle of strontium and it arrived empty.

When I emailed them about it all they had to say was that they had 2 people check the order.

Grrrr .... stoopid no good internet ...

I haven't had a problem with them but liveaquria.com now thats a different story!! We ordered a blue tang and it died within the 10 day time they replaced it but that one arrived dead! They won't do anything to resolve this. I have left several messages with higher ups and no response yet. So I feel your pain! Try and get ahold of a supervisor and if that doesnt work go to their supervisor up the line till you are happy! HTH! Sue

I would contact them a second time, only by phone, and ask if there is some way you can get a credit or another shipped to you.

I would if they had one :) Their customer service department is an aol address.

I just checked the Better Business Bureau and they have an unsatisfactory rating:

"Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s). Report as of: 6/14/2004"

:(

They replaced the lettuce nudi I bought that died the next day w/ no problem at all. Everything else was great IME

I would post your bad experience with them on their message boards.

I had two problems with the shrimp:
(1) I ordered 15 peppermint shrimp ... there were (3) bags that were labeled (5) however there were only 3-4 shrimp in each one. I looked at them for 15 minutes so I know the little guys weren't hiding anywhere.
(2) I received 5 cleaner shrimp ... 4 of them were active ... one of them was umm "asleep". Following their acclimation instructions I placed the shrimp together and started the acclimation. It didn't take long for the 4 active cleaner shrimp to clean the sleeping one right up. :( That was my fault though ... I should have known better. Maybe he would have come back to life had I put him in a separate bucket.

Make sure you look at their return instructions carefully. They want you to send back the dead items in salt via registered mail.

Luke.

Back
Top Bottom