sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have ludwigia, cardimine, jungle Val, red Val, corkscrew Val, Italian Val, narrow leaf temple, micro sword, crypt spiralis, crypt wendtii red and green, water sprite, anubias petite, anubias, java fern, java fern lace, telenthera, moss balls, java moss, misc crypt and sword. 3 large pieces of bogwood.

Philly33 said:
I have ludwigia, cardimine, jungle Val, red Val, corkscrew Val, Italian Val, narrow leaf temple, micro sword, crypt spiralis, crypt wendtii red and green, water sprite, anubias petite, anubias, java fern, java fern lace, telenthera, moss balls, java moss, misc crypt and sword. 3 large pieces of bogwood.

Nice selection. I wouldn't mind snagging some of those plants! Lol

fishdud said:
That's what I'm trying to figure out, the tall plant on the right is outgrowing everything and Idk how It's suppose to be trimmed

Start with the yellowing or browning or ripped leaves clip em from the stem. If they're all green and lush you trim it by clipping the tallest ones then the crowds. Example pgp pppg p= plant g=gravel. So where you have a group of stems clip the middle plant so the two outer ones can grow.

This space also provides hiding and passing zones for fish and allows air co2 and nutrients to saturate areas normally that can't be reached

Anytime your unsure start with one stem or one leaf or one plant see the results then engage the situation

EMD1 said:
Anytime your unsure start with one stem or one leaf or one plant see the results then engage the situation

Way ahead of you:) exactly what i did!

fishdud said:
Is it Okay to add sand? Will it look good? I'm trying to get the colors of my plants to pop out more.

You tell me:

Attachments

• image-1953822695.jpg
    image-1953822695.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 79
Batt4Christ said:
You tell me:

Nice man. I added black tms, It's cloudy but when it clears up, hopefully it'll look nice.

boadams87 said:
Thanx. Where can it be bought?

Your petsmart should have it. That's where I got mine. A bit pricey tho than most substrate.

If you want white sand, get PFS (pool filter sand, for big chlorinated pools) at home depot or lowes, and youll get a massive amount for like, 15 bucks or something. Colored sands are at pet stores and online, but find out what colors it, and what the sand is made of (some sands have chems that leach into your water)
Ive seen a purple sand bottomed tank that looked far out, but for the most part, I really like black, as it makes my plants look much greener, and I was just reading another thread about how darker colors help relax your fish, so thats always a +

Atxpunx said:
Get black diamond brand blasting sand. It's 9 dollars for 50 lbs of it and it's black. Tractor supply has it.

Is there a certain size to it or all same?

There are about four or five sizes but they label what size is in the bag. I believe the size only matters on preference. I have have 80/20 in my tanks and it looks pretty small. That size is the second largest.

Back
Top Bottom