Save a fish day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angellove78

Aquarium Advice Addict
So took a ride today to the big town with Petco and pet (not so) smart. I got a 5.5g tank for my male Betta, upgrade from his 3.5 and got some fish food. Had to look at all the fish of course. But not impressed as always. And nothing I couldn't live without. All had nasty tanks, dead fish, and alot had ich. Had baby angels but not what I want. Anyways, I did alittle shopping at Walmart. And I was shocked that they had fish. Checked them all out hard core. No white spots, some fin rot on some but not too bad. And I seen female Betta's. Stopped me in my tracks. Lol! Oh my! Now I have 2 more Betta's. Lol! Good god! Lol! Total of 5 now. my addition: 2 young females. One red and one blue. Now back to the other fish. They had one angel I wanted a smokey gray, the only one, but it had alittle fun rot. ugh!, I decided to save it, and a few others. I finally got my black Molly. The only one they had too. Got some more Otto's cats, neon tetras, and by mistake got a pencil fish. But here's smokey. I just love the color on it. It will heal up in no time. They are all at the hospital right now being treated.IMAG3667_1.jpg

Sucka...

Those guys are just so pretty and just make you take them home! Good keeping in hopes they aren't ill, and have a quick recovery!

They will be fine. All are pretty active. The Otto's cats are what I worry about. Only because they usually only come from the wild and don't adapt well sometimes. But we'll see. Got 5 of them. If they make it. I'll be really happy. They will love a planted tank. And I'll love watching them clean it.

IMAG3691_1.jpg already looking alittle better. The spilt in the top fin is closed up and growing out alittle. The color is getting better too. This one's gonna take some love, and time. Poor little thing. We'll get it. Feed 3 times today. Morning and noon flakes and night time, pellets. This angel has to get bigger to be with my other ones or they will eat him alive. Lol! Seen it was only using one fin to swim most the time, found its got a half fin on one side, so babying it right now. The other side ain't that great looking either. Now, My Molly is just gorgeous. Black as black can be. But he's not going you the big world (75g) just yet. Looks really healthy but, I wanta make sure he's gonna be OK with my type of water and make sure there's nothing gonna pop up all a sudden. Neons are doing good just a few fins growing back. Looks like nipping with them. And Otto's cats are doing really good. Everyone made it through one night. I'll do a water change tomorrow as soon as I can.

Got my water change done first thing this morning and this afternoon I was watching the little guy and noticed his fins where all better he's not babying the one side no more. It's mostly grown back and the good fin is all better. Swimming great just like an angel, lol. Fins are nice and clear. There's one little spot on the bad side that's still growing. But other than that doing really good. Day 2: big improvement!

Did 2-50% water changes today back to back. My neons where starting to act funny. Scratching on each other. But no white spots yet. And full dosed again. Angel is still doing good. Fins are not as opened as yesterday. But I took the big light for my other Betta tank and gave them a night light. They are by a slider glass door so they get daylight. Feed flakes and gonna be soaking pellets in garlic juice tonight. We got tricks up our sleeves. [emoji39] [emoji6]

2-50% water changes today cause I took out the dirt bottom and put some gravel down. Took out the little want-a-be plants and put them in a container of tank water. Added prime and stress coat today. Added my Molly and all but 1 Otto's cat to the big tank. They've looked good from day one. I left the one because he'll help me alittle by keeping the tank clean. But anyways the reason I took out the dirt bottom and added gravel is because the angel will have to grow out in there for a while. And it's easier for me to clean. I was gonna keep it bare bottom but, I think the angel will like feeling at home while growing. Still doing good so far.

So much color now. Just feedings today. And lots of checking on the baby. I really gotta get a name for it.

Baby's getting better and better and little bigger. I have not done anything but water changes @50% still got some black on the edges but we'll get there. Brighter though. 20180315_204233.jpg

Did a 60% water change today and started meds again. Maybe get rid of the fin rot, help it out a little more. Could be just the color. But I'm pretty sure that bottom fin needs some attention. So i'll see what I can do. This little fish is happy. Its funny, it's like it's so proud of itself. Such a cutie. I'm just glad it's doing better.

Clean, fresh water will make a great difference. Pretty fish!
I know, but I thought I'd help out a little. Just gonna medicate for 3 days. Then do my water changes as much as needed. Can't wait to put it in the big tank with the others. By then the big tank will be well planted.

Did a 50% wc yesterday. And 2-50% water changes today. I increased water changes the last few days because I swapped out filters. I had a hang on the back filter on this tank, but needed it for my betta planted tank. This tank now has a sponge filter. Getting another filter for this tank as soon as I get out of the woods and into town. Might just order one. It's usually cheaper, but it's a longer wait. Baby is still doing good. Getting a little bigger. Top fin looks thin on the growing area, but is growing. Keeping a close eye on it. Might be because I changed the filters out. It's starting to bend over a little but it might straight out. I hope. I'm gonna test the water in the morning and see what's going on with that. And I'm gonna have to put my neon tetras in my 75g now. Lighten the waste load should help too. Im in a pickle with filters. I Need another one.

Back
Top Bottom