SBD peppered corydora not recovering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aydenge

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’ve had a certain peppered cory for about 5-6 months now, and he’s been completely healthy until about 3 weeks ago. One day he was fine, and the next he had a pretty bad case of what I think is swim bladder disorder. He swims irradically and in circles, he lays on his side, and breathes rapidly with redden gills. The rest of my fish are completely fine and healthy. I did have an ammonia spike which I suspect was the cause of his illness, but even after bringing my ammonia levels back to 0 about a week ago, he still isn’t feeling well. I’ve fed him peas, heightened the temp, lowered the pH, and have done multiple 50% water changes. :( I don’t really know what to do anymore, I don’t think it’s a parasite if the rest of my fish are behaving normally. I don’t know his age, but he’s definitely not a baby if that makes a difference. I just need help on how to treat him, and if he can even recover at this point.
• Ammonia- 0ppm, Nitrate- 0 ppm, Nitrite- 0ppm, pH- 7.6
• 10 gallon tank, set up around late June-early July
• Top Fin silent stream PF10
• 11 fish, 6 cobra guppies and 5 corys
• I did a 20% water change about 3 days ago. I do this about once a week and do a 50% water change once a month.
• I feed them freshwater flakes and algae wafers every other day. I want to move onto live feeding or at least frozen food since I know it’s healthier for them, but I don’t know much about it yet.
If there’s anything else you want to know, just ask me :)

Back
Top Bottom