Scared for my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshdrew92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone , I have 3 fish in my tank at the moment ( 1 black fin and 2 black tetras) and when i bought them i noticed a lump on one of them but didnt realy think much of it. About 3 weeks on now i have noticed it getting worse and it is now bigger and has actualy turned into a hole on the fishes body :confused: .
All 3 fish are now hiding in seperate places in the tank and im scared the injured fish is going to die and possibly infect my other 2 fish aswel. Does anybody know whats wrong with it and is there anything i can do to help?

More information : The 3 fish were originaly part of 5 that were used to cycle the tank , unfortunately i didnt know about fishless cycling until afterwards and 2 of them died as a result :( the injured/infected fish is also just swimming into the glass inbetween the heater and filter :confused:

Hi! How do your water parameters look (amm, nitrite, nitrate, ph) right now? Can you post a pic of the sick fish so we can try to figure out the issue? Is he the only fish affected? It sounds like you have a bacterial infection. Some more info will help!

I dont have a test kit at the moment but i just came home from work and have been looking for him for about 20 minutes and have just found him dead behind my filter :( when i took him out of the water there was a chunk missing from his body if that helps? i hope it doesnt spread because i have just added 5 cherry barbs and a ancistrus to my tank :nono:

Do a good water change & keep a close eye on everyone. Make sure you temperature match & properly condition the new water. The piece missing is due to the other fish snacking. I recommend investing in a good liquid test kit such as the api fw master test kit so you can monitor your water parameters & act accordingly. :)

Ok thankyou for your help i will definately invest in a liquid test kit :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom