Scarlett Badis in community? What food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can I keep a Scrarlett Badis in a community tank? And what can I feed it?
Thanks and God Bless!

Scarlet Badis are slow, deliberate feeders and very small as adults. So yes they can be with other fish, BUT only certain fish.
Other Nano fish that are calm and peaceful may work. Plus they prefer live plants. I just got my first Scarlet Badis ( scientific name Dario Dario) yesterday.

Mine is going into my Shrimp tank

View attachment 51286

temporarily until his tank is ready. He'll hunt baby shrimp but I have about 100, so it's ok if he eats some.

I will get more S. Badis once I see how he likes his final 10g. (it's cycling and plants are growing)
His intended home ( Betta WILL be moved out )

View attachment 51285
I'm adding driftwood and more plants this week.

Planned tankmates ?
Celestial Pearl Danios
more Scarlet Badis 3-4 ? I'm going to try to find females also thru my Club
Threadfin Rainbows
Micro Rasboras prob. Merae

Scarlet Badis would not thrive in a normal community tank with fast normal sized small fish. They can be very picky at first. Some will only eat live food at first, tiny food.

How are they with ADFs and bettas? Beautiful tanks and fish btw

GodFan said:
How are they with ADFs and bettas? Beautiful tanks and fish btw

Since both are a lot bigger I would NOT suggest either personally. Dario Dario are beautiful but would be scared of such huge tankmates.

TY I'm learning as I go.

Thanks. I am thinking about the badis (not scarlett Badis) it gets to like 3 inches. Know anything about that one?

Ok thanks! I saw it on liveaquaria.com and it is pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom