Scored a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I found a guy looking to clear out his garage and he had a 100g? tank with stand, hood, heater, and some other accessories I haven't gone through yet.... best part? I didn't pay a dime. Check to see if there is a 'freecyclers' group in your area. I'm going to fill it tonight to see how it holds water, hopefully it does, but if not, I'm not exactly out anything :) First task, getting the wife I can set it up.

Update: It is a 100g, and I got it filled with water and seems to be holding it fine. The box of accs. had 2 heaters, a power head, and a couple of filter parts. I'm going to have a hard time getting the wife on board.

Nice score! I'm going to be checking that out for my neck of the woods. If it was mine and I had it I would of had it up already. I would NOT of gave her a chance to say no lol and that's what would of happend. Probably would have put me in the dog house but it would have been worth it imo.

Lucky.....

Freecycle isn't a very big thing where I live, it's my local classifieds. And on there, It seems like everyone wants new price for used tanks.

You can do tons of stuff with a 100 gallon. Hope you can set it up!

wow thats awesome, a 100G for free? what a deal..I belong to a freecycle group where I live, but I never seen any aquarium supplies

vanimal said:
Same I'd do like 75 Exodon Tetra with a Pleco.

I'm thinking a Ramshorn only species tank. First of its kind. ;-) (Obviously kidding)
I'm still trying to convince the wife to let me swap my 55g for this one. It might be a dust collector in the garage for awhile.

I found and bought 2 75 gallon tanks in a matter of a week and threw mine up so fast, she didn't know what happened. Afterwards, I let her decorate and arrange the tanks and give input on fish. She is finally on board lol. But our front room is big enough that I have the tanks on either side of the TV and it looks great. It was just empty useless space anyway. And the kids are all into them too. They feed and help with water changes and everything so, I guess I lucked out lol

Great score. Is it a 5ft tank? I've been looking for a 5 ft 100g for ages..

A couple years ago someone gave me a 125g acrylic. I ended up selling it for cheap. It was just way to scratched.

Mudfrog said:
Great score. Is it a 5ft tank? I've been looking for a 5 ft 100g for ages..

A couple years ago someone gave me a 125g acrylic. I ended up selling it for cheap. It was just way to scratched.

Yup. It's a 5ft. IMO the dimensions are just perfect for a tank.

Super_Blueberry said:
Yup. It's a 5ft. IMO the dimensions are just perfect for a tank.

I have a 150 that's 6 foot. I like the look of longer tanks.

I have a Fire Eel. The only thing I can get him to eat is Ghost Shrimp...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom