scum on decor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajwilt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a sort of anemone looking piece of decor in my tank that has recently been covered in a clear scum. It is growing on all the little "arms" or whatever they are called. I cleaned it yesterday, and today a new layer just as thick was in its place. Does anyone know what it is...or atleast how to get rid of it without having to clean it everyday.

Can you describe this in more detail? Texture, consistancy, etc. You say its clear or semitransparent.

It is basically an imitation anemone. It is designed so that the tentacles move with the current. I have no idea what they are made of, but it fairly smooth. The link shows something like it, not exact...but it gives and idea. My water is also considerably more cloudy...is it because of this anemone thing? It is one of my favorite things in the tank, but is possibly more trouble than it is worth.

http://www.aquariumbeauty.com/display_product.jsp?Item_ID=MY-MI-1169[/img]

Attachments

• pic_138.jpg
    pic_138.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 186
ok, you can ignore the link...my picture worked
this also give a bit closer view...but I don't think you can see all the clear scum covering the tentacles...but trust me...its there in abundance!

Attachments

• pic2_215.jpg
    pic2_215.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom