sea goblin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coffeetwitch

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sea Goblin

i found this fish through liveaquaria. and think i might want one for my tank once i get to seriously stocking.

are their any fish that i cannot have with this odd little guy? sense it is "seasonal" i have time to research and read what you all say in an attempt to educate myself

Thanks

It looks like a type of scorpionfish. I can't find it in my encyclopedia but I would guess anything that it could fit in it's mouth would be lunch.

I have never kept any of them, but from reading there are several fish that would work depending on the size of your tank. Lionfish and harlequin tusk seem to be frequent recommendations. Hopefully someone with hands on experience can chime in for you.

I would say it falls into the same category as a lion fish. Looks like a bottom dweller.

it would be in a 125 gallon 6' long tank. a maroon clown and flame angel would be the smallest fish. thank you everyone for the advice.

an aussie harliquin tusk is on the stocking list, so is a fuzzy dwarf lion. naso and maybe a purple tang. as well as a few peaceful wrasses. (so far and subject to change.)

I was planning on dwarf angels with my dwarf lion. I have read and found that there is a chance the lion could eat them so I decided against the angel.

ive read that up to 1/3 of the lions length is at risk of being eaten. 7 inch dwarf lion gives me about 3 inches of fish to work with. im hoping that i can get a flame angel (that lives) soon and grow him out before adding a little lion. im hoping that because the angel is there first and bigger than the lion when i add him things will work out. it is a concern ive thought about. i also chose the fuzzy because of their ability to convert to frozen easily and more of a community friendly lion, fingers crossed anyway.

this sea goblin may take some time to talk sweetie pie into. its "our" tank so im trying to make every fish a mutual decision.

Ok I read half the lion size is at risk. My encyclopedia shows fuzzy dwarfs max at 10 inches. Even if it can't eat it I don't want him to try and then there would be two dead fish . That's my main concern .

Back
Top Bottom