Seachem Safe as good as Prime?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slade

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been using Seachem Prime for over a year now, and am very happy with it. I'm thinking of trying Seachem Safe when I run out. Has anyone used Safe and have any comments on it?

Safe is just the more conentrated powered form of Prime which doesn't contains water and a stabilizing agent. There really is not any advantages from one to the other since they achieve the same goal, maybe cost expense though I've never personally compared pricing?

Last edited:
Cost was the reason I asked, it treats much more water per $$. From what I've read the downside is that you have to be more precise when measuring, and it can't be premixed as a liquid to be stored because it lacks stabilizers.

Even Seachem says it's the same thing in powder form, so I'll give it a shot and see what my firsthand experience is.

Slade said:
Cost was the reason I asked, it treats much more water per $$. From what I've read the downside is that you have to be more precise when measuring, and it can't be premixed as a liquid to be stored because it lacks stabilizers.

Even Seachem says it's the same thing in powder form, so I'll give it a shot and see what my firsthand experience is.

My club members use it for large tanks or when they have a lot of tanks. Mine are all under 10g so it seemed impractical for me.

I do plan to buy a gallon of Prime instead of tiny bottles.

Safe is good, just measure carefully.

Back
Top Bottom