Seaclone protein skimmer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gauge

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking at getting a new protein skimmer for my tank. I want it to be an in-sump skimmer, and I'm trying to weigh all my options. I'm seeing that the Seaclone 100 and Seaclone 150 are pretty inexpensive venturi systems, and they're supposed to be good for HOB or in-sump. However, every picture I see of them has the HOB spillway output. Is there another output that I could hook a hose up to so I can keep it from making noise? I don't really want to listen to water dropping from the spillway into my tank.

Also, any other skimmer recommendations? The Aqua-C Urchin w/ mag 3 looks good, but it's soooo expensive relative to some other deals I've found.

ya get what ya pay for !! i own 2 seaclones and they suck !! i made mine work really well by drilling a 3/16th hole in the cap and adding an air stone at the bottom of the tube !! as for the water falling mabe add a small container to catch the water !!

What would you recommend, then? Is the Urchin worth the exorbitant amount of money it costs? :|

id say yes !! i dont own one but have seen one and they look good !! if your handy ya can make one like i do :)

What would you recommend, then? Is the Urchin worth the exorbitant amount of money it costs

Depends on our perspective of value. Would you rather pay less and not skim much or pay more and skim efficiently. This would also have to take into consideration what kind of system and what your goals for the tank are based on present and future livestock.

Back
Top Bottom