Seeded media production system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trennamw

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ever since a kind member from here, local to me, got my fishless cycle going with seeded media, I've wanted to pay it forward so to speak.

Of course a tricky aspect is what might come from the donor tank, from disease to snails.

So I was thinking of starting a system that does nothing but produce seeded media. I'd start with Dr Tims bottled bacteria and keep it fed with all that Ace Janitorial Ammonia I have left from my cycle.

Any thoughts on what filter and media to use? I was thinking a Marineland one since I see them cheap a lot, and I could use these fillable frames ... Marineland Marineland Refillable Aquarium Filter Cartridge Frame : Questions, Answers, How To, FAQs, Tips, Advice, Answers, Buying Guide.

Or I could just use squares of the blue filter floss pads. Or poly fill. I've successfully seeded a lot of filters by shoving bits of floss in the spaces around new filter cartridges.

Or .... ?

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Not a bad idea. You could set up a slow drip for the ammonia. I would either use ceramic media like biomax, or just use coarse sponge. Pads or floss would eventually fall apart.

Back
Top Bottom