Seeding New 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SempreFamiglia

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I recently acquired a 2nd hand 29g tank and stand and plan on upgrading my currently established (fully cycled) community tank.

The 10g tank originally came with a pretty weak Whisper 10 filtration system. This was the filter I cycled the tank on to begin with. About 2 months ago, I bought an Aqueon Quiet Flow 20 to put in the 10g. I've been running both filters in tandem in the 10g tank since.

I have now taken the Whisper 10g filter (I wanted to keep the Aqueon 20 in the 10g tank where the fish are) and placed it in my 29g tank and plan on running it until the 29g cycles, hoping that the established filter cycles the tank faster.

Any guesstimates on how long this may take to cycle? I do have a test kit, but just curious how much doing something like this might actually speed up that process in the new tank.

/cheers

I've used seeded media many times to start a tank. Big thing to remember is to provide an ammonia source, I use snails and plants. Usually 2 weeks with good solid tests and I'm there.

Back
Top Bottom