Setting up 30 gallon fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nylith

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello guys!
I am a noobie here and just want some advices. Thinking about 30 gallon fish tank with aquael FAN 3 filter (around 210 gph, 16kg gravel, 75 wats heater. Is this enough for my aquarium? Also maybe someone could help me with fish stocking ideas? I love swordtails, black mour telescope, neon tetras.

Hi! You may want to check out this article: Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium. For heaters a good guideline is 5 watts per gallon so you will need a 150 watt heater. In a community fish tank a good rule for filter GPH is 10x turnover in an hour, so you will need a filter with 300+GPH. You should be fine with that amount of gravel. Keep in mind that a black moor is a goldfish and they get BIG and produce a lot of poop so if that is your choice you should get only one and that will be it for your tank, nothing else. Also if a goldfish is your choice you should go with a filter that is more around 500 GPH.
Don't forget to read up on the nitrogen cycle ("cycling") Fishless Cycling. Since you are looking for info now, before you have your aquarium set up, you are ahead of the game! Good luck and happy fishkeeping!

Topical and cw are difficult to keep together due to temp differential.

Back
Top Bottom