Setting up a new 10g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looks great! is there somewhere specific that I should put my power head? I just started a ten gallon reef too! I am
a couple days behind you but I am glad to have company ;)

looks great! is there somewhere specific that I should put my power head? I just started a ten gallon reef too! I am
a couple days behind you but I am glad to have company ;)

That all depends on the power head, your rock placement and your tanks specific needs. Just try a few different spots to see how it moves the water and always remember you can move them whenever you need to get a better flow around your tank

thanks! yeah that's what I figured. trial and error for the win!

Yeah most stuff for saltwater tanks is trial and error as every tank is different. The basics are the same but everything else seems to be a bit different in each tank

Awesome rock setup!

Thanks took forever to find rocks I liked for this tank.

Slowly starting to put some zoas in. My girlfriend picked out some green and pink glove polyps, they are going to look great in there! Still waiting on a light to b delivered.

Just fragged my branching hammer coral and frogspawn from my 40g and put them into the 10g and got the first two sexy shrimp in. Going tomorrow to find a pair of gobies some more sexy shrimp and maybe a boxer/pompom crab.

Put a six line wrasse in the other day. Got six more sexy shrimp and a pompom crab today. Pictures to come this evening

So just picked up another 40b, love the $ per gallon sale, and I am going to be transferring everything in this tank to that and making this 10g the sump

Back
Top Bottom