Setting up a peacock bass tank advice please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not to backtrack if youve moved on by now, but if you have a realistic plan for a smaller end Bass set up it can work beautifully. I have a 150 gallon with a flagtail prochilodus, 2 peacocks and 2 pike cichlids. I also have 2 orino bass in a 75 gallon until they are large enough to not be considered a snack they will join . I originally had the two bass in a 90 gallon for an 8 month period. Although they do indeed grow fast and very large, as long as you know in two-3 years you would have to rehome them or get a larger tank they are some of the most personable and beautiful fish to keep especially when mixing the various species together. You will need a tight lid for sure, though usually fine when spooked they can shoot feet into the air as Ive seen from experience. You would have no worries of your tank being cracked unless you packed it with 6+ bass and scared the crap outta them somehow. Great fish to keep if your up for the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom