setting up frist my quarantine tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffnordjr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm sick of my fish getting sick and dying every time I introduce a new fish to my tank

I'm sick of my fish getting sick and dying every time I introduce a new fish to my tank

Good move. Brought home Ich with my last purchase and was kicking myself for not doing the QT. 3 weeks of meds and probably threw my biological filter out of whack.

Maybe we can help if you give more info? What size tank? What fish do you have now, if any? Did you cycle the tank? Adding fish to a new tank without knwing about cycling is one of the major reasons they don't do well. Here's a couple of guides for you.

Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice
I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice

If you have any specific questions about how we can help, please ask!

ETA: I guess it's too early for me, I read the post wrong! Yes setting up a QT tank is a good idea. Unfortunately most of us learn the hard way before we start to QT new fish.

Last edited:
I would set up one- but my parents won't let me get another tank:bawl:

Would they let you get a rubber maid container? You can use one of those as a QT tank if you can't use a "real" tank. :) If you keep an extra filter running on your main tank all the time, you can just pull it and put it on the rubbermaid when you need to use it. Instant cycled QT tank!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom