Several Gobies in Same Tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm starting a new 20 long tank. (Cycling now) I'm wanting to make it all gobies. Is it possible to put a yellow, green, black, and panda goby together? How many could I put in this size tank? Also I have a canister filter on it rated at 265gph. Will I need to add another powerhead? Any suggestions?

I think it should be fine as long it's not more than one of the same species unless they are paired. However I don't think you should have that many. Many will just stay on the sand and claim their territory there. Might become competitive to find their own area if they have to share it with all the other. I think you should get 2-3 gobies and maybe one or two other fish that stay in the middle to top. It will add more interest too.

If you get a panda goby, they are very tiny, so make sure that you cover your filter intake and PHs so that they don't get sucked in. Just an FYI. :)

Good thinking on the intakes! Wouldn't want that to happen! How many goby size fish could fit in the 20 long? I'm hoping I can see these guys more. I have 2 green clown gobies in my 40 breeder tank, but I don't see them too often :(

Back
Top Bottom