Several plants with baby fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright thanks and idk if I should or shouldn't but should o get a small algae eater or not....

Ralphie126 said:
Alright thanks and idk if I should or shouldn't but should o get a small algae eater or not....

No. Once you run out of diatoms for them to eat you'll have to give them prepared foods, which can be hard for some algae eaters to accept. Better to wait it out, diatoms eventually go away in a couple of months.

K thanks so my new shopping lost is the gravel vac, the magnet and some tbs

Ralphie126 said:
K thanks so my new shopping lost is the gravel vac, the magnet and some tbs

You still have managed to not answer a very important question, do you have a test kit? If not, the first thing on your shopping lost should be a test kit, I recommend an API master test kit, but more importantly some kind of liquid test, but NOT the strips, they are incredibly inaccurate. And I would not get ANY fish till you get this all sorted out. Especially one to get rid of the diatoms, they will go away in their own, just be patient.

Mumma.of.two said:
Your tank is in cycle. Do not add any more fish. You need to but a test kit. Get an algae magnet for the diatoms.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/articles/articles/124/2/-I-just-learned-about-cycling-but-I-already-have-fish-What-now/Page2.html
Please read this. If your tank is cycling you may not have to worry about algae because you may not have any fish.

This is your best hope, please read the link and follow instructions. If you have any questions we'll be happy to answer. Also when you go to your lfs, if you don't have it already, I recommend you get a quality water conditioner like SeaChem Prime.

Back
Top Bottom