Sexing Blue Rams, Help Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ram A, Male or Female Please?

Ram A, Male or Female Please?

Attachments

• a_ram.jpg
    a_ram.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 369
Looks like a male to me but the colors may be off. Does it's belly look pink? If it's a female, by this time it should show a pink belly.

And Ram B, Male or Female ?

What do you think? Thanks all!

Attachments

• b_ram.jpg
    b_ram.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 109
I'm gonna go with male on fish B also. The lighting is a bit better in this one. But, this one doesn't look as mature as your other one.

how often do rams lay eggs? can they go without laying eggs for an extended period of time or are they like mollys who will give birth monthly like clockwork?

I thought they were the same also, Just got them yesterday and they are fighting like crazy, Had to put them in different tanks. The bellies are not very pink at all. Guess I need to find some females, thanks all!!

Hope I can find some females in Saint Louis. These are great fish, Had some a while back and Loved them.

:lol: Hi soh15 Take a look at my pics link in my sig. I have got pics of both my Rams. Also Rams are notorius spawn eaters at least mine are 3 out of 5 would have been 5 for 5 if I hadn't removed the eggs. Here's the link which helped me. http://www.aquatic-hobbyist.com/profiles/breeding/bluerambreeding.html this works real well have 60+ fry 1/2 -3/4 in now. Good luck Sincerely Curtis :D Sorry hit wrong pic

Attachments

• 9_691.jpg
    9_691.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 73
Yes I did get the at Pet Market Place, I really like that store. I think it's the best in STL. After looking at them over the past few days I am really sure they are both males. I think there are getting some more in on Monday so I think I will try to get 2 females then. Guess the thing I really need to make sure of is they have the pink bellies. Thanks again,

Back
Top Bottom