Shame on me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I went to the new Petco here to check out stands for when I move. I told myself NO MORE FISH but when I looked at the tanks I was pleasantly surprised. They didn't have any stands, but I got a female con to go in my SA/CA tank, and a red fin shark for my parrot tank. I'll let you all know how that works out.

My name is severum mama, and I'm a fishaholic... :p

I'm currently keeping 8 tanks... I'm far beyond the point of beating myself up over it! :lol:

LOL, yep, 3 here and going for 4. But 8 tanks...impressive. Come now give us the run down for 8 tanks...it will make you feel better...

Good luck with the shark, I've got a rainbow shark in my main 50G soon to be a 75G till I can get my hands on the room for a 125. And I think it's one of my favorites.

I'm very impressed that you didn't get the 9th tank Sev. Nevertheless, congrats on your new con and shark.

PS - Try to keep this addition under control will ya? You're setting a really bad example. :D

Oh, I forgot... It's really only 7 tanks since Pinchy died. I didn't have the heart to tear down his 10 gallon yet. When I move I plan to start researching shellies for that 10 gallon. Pinchy would have wanted it that way. :p I've also got another 10 gallon, another 30 long, and a 27 hex in storage right now. Prolly won't have room to set them up though, even after the move. :roll:

CompMage- I updated my profile. Click on the My Info button in my post. A lot of my tetra and barb schools seem really lacking but I'll likely have to part with them anyway when I move all these tanks, so I didn't see the point in replacing them right now. All the cichlids and the betta go with me for sure. The angel and turtle tanks are actually ones that I maintain at work (my house now wouldn't even have room for them anyway) but I count them as mine because no one else does anything with them except for feeding. I'm trying to talk my boss into selling them to me. I've seen my new house and I have it all planned out. :drool:

feels like a pet store a my house sometimes too.

1 cat
1 ferret
1 saltwater 40 gal
1 freshwater 55 gal
1 16 year old girl
1 43 year old man
1 me who has to clean up after all the above

:)

If my wife keeps a tank of her own, does it count as mine? If not, then I need another tank.......

When I move I plan to start researching shellies for that 10 gallon.
You will love them!!
I'm currently keeping 8 tanks... I'm far beyond the point of beating myself up over it!
That number is well within reason. When I hit 13 tanks, I knew I had a problem, luckily (or unluckily) I was able to sell off many fish and equipment before leaving Calgary. We had 5 tanks and are combining to get down to 3 large tanks before the baby comes. If not, the baby's sleeping with the fishes :roll:

You didn't get another tank? Well that is some willpower if you ask me. I'm on #10. No willpower here. You mean I can get 3 more tanks before I will have to admit I have a problem? Whoo hoo!

I'd hate to see your water bill lol its prolyas bad as mine, with two boats, 3 tanks, two motorcycles, an atv and dirtbike and two cars all getting washed every couple weeks, along with our daily water usage for 3 people, its an expensive world lol

IMO the best shellies for a 10 gallon are multi's, since they don't eat/kick out the babies each time they spawn. :D Besides, then you could change your name to Multi Mama :wink:

brant said:
Thats why you come to AA. :D Its ok we all give in somtime don't beat yourself up over it.LOL :wink:

Some people go to AA to take care of their alcohol problem :drinking: , but I go to AA to take care of my fish problems, just like you guys, hehehe..... :ROFLMAO:

I'd hate to see your water bill lol its prolyas bad as mine

Actually, I live about 1500 feet outside of the city limit, so I don't have to pay for sewer dince we are on a septic system. My water bill is always less than $20 per month. 8) That will change when I move.

Back
Top Bottom