Shark attack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martiniduck

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29 Gallon tank with 5 mollies, 3 corys, and a red tail black shark. The shark has always kept to itself since I bought him a year ago. Now that it has grown to about 3", it has become very aggressive with the mollies at feeding time. It chases them around the tank and no one except the corys get to eat. I have heard they are territorial with their own kind, but not with others. Has it grown to big for the tank and needs more room? Has anyone else seen this before.:ermm:

Redtail sharks need at least a 55g tank. They get pretty big and yes become very aggressive. I suggest moving him to a bigger tank ASAP.

I agree. Red tailed sharks can be agressive and big. You do need to move him to a bigger tank, or rehome him.

Tcal01 said:
Redtail sharks need at least a 55g tank. They get pretty big and yes become very aggressive. I suggest moving him to a bigger tank ASAP.

+1 on that.

Seeing as it can reach around 15cm/6inches the larger tank will be needed as soon as possible.

mine used to chase my mollies if they were trying to pick something in the gravel.
but he stopped.

Back
Top Bottom