Should I do a PWC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amesdrew

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, it has been a week, my rams had eggs that didn't hatch but everything is going smoothly.

I tested my water had a 0 in Nitrites and Ammonia, a 10 for Nitrates. My Gh was a 4 and my Kh I believe is a 11. May have switched the last two, the paper is downstairs... My Ph is stable usually around 7.8 where it is right now.

But, should I do a partial water change even though everything looks good? I probably will anyway because Sunday is usually my cleaning day. Just thought I would ask and see what everyone else is doing? Is there any cue to when you do a PWC?

Depends on how long ago you done your last water change, If it is exactly already a week since the last time, go ahead.

Its always good to do One 25-50% (Depending on the stock) water change every week, Thats what I do on all my tanks (Friday for 6.6 gallon, Saturday for 30 gallon, The 10 gallon is still cycling, but its 'cleaning day' is going to be on friday also).

Agree with Tyler... weekly changes are a good habit to get into. You can go longer... but I will say I read the subject line without reading the post at first and my answer was already 'yes'. It never hurts to do a PWC. :)

That is what I was guessing. I really don't mind doing the PWC's weekly, ecspecially on the 29 gal. Thanks.

^ are right.

You can do a PWC even more frequently than once a week and it will benefit your fish. I really beleive anything less than weekly is bad for the health of your fish.

Plus, if you've been very diligent about weekly PWC, there will be less chance of problems (mostly nitrate buid up) when you do have to skip a week.

You know why the eggs didnt hatch its because the PH is too high.
Now i am starting to breed this things and ive done so much research when you type "blue ram" into google the next 5 pages are light up as purple. They like a PH to hatch in 6.5 - 5.5.

Jason, that is probably the reason.

It also could be because the pair is really young, especially the male.

I don't want them to hatch so that is perfectly fine too, I have no place to put them. You might like this too, I saw Sapphire blue rams last time I went to my LFS... pretty wierd, like bolivians mixed with blues.

Back
Top Bottom