Should i take this offer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emi929

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This was an offer that I'm THIS close to accepting, but I want to make sure everything kinds worth it. They are asking $60 for everything. Here is the exact offer:

"55 Gallon aquarium with light, 350 Magnum canister filter, 50 ft long hose that hooks up to sink to make water changes easy, air pumps, air stones, heater and thermometers. Dimensions of tank are 48x13x21. Holds water. Was used for fresh water fish. --$60 everything"

if your sticking with freshwater should be fine. You will want to upgrade alot probably but for the price 60$ is a great deal. Is there a stand though, I didnt see that mentioned

I have used that filter before and it worked good and was quite for the most part as long as you got the air bubbles out of it.

Offer what you have to the person, all they can do is say no... If your looking on craigslist Id wait it out and save up, there are always CRAZY deals on there. Picked up a 150gal with filter heaters glass tops and a bunch of cleaning stuff for $150. I was looking for around 2months and was going to spend a lot more then that when I found my current take. I know its hard but save up and wait it out.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

This was an offer that I'm THIS close to accepting, but I want to make sure everything kinds worth it. They are asking $60 for everything. Here is the exact offer:

"55 Gallon aquarium with light, 350 Magnum canister filter, 50 ft long hose that hooks up to sink to make water changes easy, air pumps, air stones, heater and thermometers. Dimensions of tank are 48x13x21. Holds water. Was used for fresh water fish. --$60 everything"
VERY GOOD DEAL!!! As long as it all works, it's a great deal. I would add another filter though. The Magnum canister filters are for 55g tanks. It's better to have more filtration than just enough. Also does the light include a tank cover?
Just so you know, a new Magnum Canister Filter cost around $55.00 so $60.00 the filter with a tank to hang it on and hose to fill it with... You get where I'm going.
I don't even need a third 55g tank but, I'd buy it anyway just because it is such a good deal.
PS. The water changer is priceless. Ask any one who's done the bucket brigade, it's more painful than you think. The hernia surgery wasn't fun either. I'm not kidding lugging buckets back and forth twice a week gave me, what the doctor said was the biggest hernia he'd seen on a person my size.

My question is still, does it all work? Find out if it works and then go online and find all that's being offered and what it truly costs. Show your Mom just how good a deal it is. That your wiling to do your homework, to do this fish thing the right way. That she won't get stuck with the work after the newness wares off.
If you put in the effort, she may see what this means to you. Speaking as a Mom, that would work with me.

VERY GOOD DEAL!!! As long as it all works, it's a great deal. I would add another filter though. The Magnum canister filters are for 55g tanks. It's better to have more filtration than just enough. Also does the light include a tank cover?
Just so you know, a new Magnum Canister Filter cost around $55.00 so $60.00 the filter with a tank to hang it on and hose to fill it with... You get where I'm going.
I don't even need a third 55g tank but, I'd buy it anyway just because it is such a good deal.
PS. The water changer is priceless. Ask any one who's done the bucket brigade, it's more painful than you think. The hernia surgery wasn't fun either. I'm not kidding lugging buckets back and forth twice a week gave me, what the doctor said was the biggest hernia he'd seen on a person my size.

I'm not being snarky when I say that I honestly had no clue anybody did water changes any other way but to use pythons. You actually carried buckets of water back and forth?? Holy cow. If I had to do that, I wouldn't keep fish. Wayyyyyyy too much of a pain.

I have 4 tanks in my basement, a 30g a 48g a 55g and 150g. Theres no sink down there and I do pwc every week atleast 20% from each tank, well over 100gallons and I use buckets... NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!!

I have 4 tanks in my basement, a 30g a 48g a 55g and 150g. Theres no sink down there and I do pwc every week atleast 20% from each tank, well over 100gallons and I use buckets... NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!!

I did the bucket thing for 5 years and all I got was the pain of a huge Hernia. I love my Aqueon water changer.
Plus I spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying the fish.
A lot of people still use buckets to clean their tanks.

I still use buckets but my tanks ain't big enough to cause problems, as to the deal... HECK yes that deal is awesome, I'd drop $60 on that in a heartbeat lol

I explained to my mom that normally everything separately would easily exceed $200 and this is a really good deal. She said that she will think about it :D

Yay! I'm sure she will cave in.

I caved in to my 3 year old saying he needs fishes (alive) because he only see dead (cooked) ones. Silly (but very smart) boy!

Awwww! Lol. Yeah she might, I just have to keep my room clean, because she says I take better care of my tanks than my room :)

Yes take it! Persuading parents is the worst. But. Finally got my dad into thinking about me getting a 50 gallon :)

-Dylan

I need to stay on here and observe so that I see how children get their way with their parents...just in case I ever become a parent.

Back
Top Bottom