Show me your angel fish and there tank mates!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think what these people are trying to say to you is that even though things may be fine now in your tank they will deteriorate over time as your fish grow much larger and it will lead to some death. Most people who got into this hobby made mistakes, I included but we learn. Don't take what these people are saying as an insult, they are trying to make you aware of a potential problem are going to run into over time and steer you in a better direction. I would try and find new home for a few of your fish if possible. If not, begin saving up for a larger aquarium.

I don't think you understand. Goldfish need completely different set ups with different parameters. It doesn't matter how many water changes you do or over feed plus goldfish are too big for a 20! A silver dollar needs a school in at least a 55 gallon. Angels need 30+ gallons too. Depending on the type of gourami it may also need a tank. It doesn't matter how many water changes you do or if you over feed or not when you're like 200% over stocked with fish that can't even be housed together. You seriously need to rethink your stock.

I've had the goldfish for over 4 years in this tank, with these fish. The breeders at the angelfish place said that they are perfectly fine for my 20 gallon. I have a dwarf gourami, and I had more silver dollars but they just all died BEFORE I had the angels, and the goldfish, and the gourami! Look at my water tests, (pictures above) perfect water! I do understand what you're saying, but what do you expect me to do??!!?!? I cannot afford a bigger tank!

Thanks a ton for making me feel lower than you all. And making me feel like a horrible fish owner.

You know what? I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I got those fish way before I really knew anything much about fish, except that they were beautiful, and that they needed to be fed. Most of my fish that was in this tank died awhile ago, and these are the one who did not die. I had double, maybe triple fish in this tank. I got the goldfish at a fair, and they just won't die! I've had them for 4 years and they were in a separate bowl but they both out grew it so I had to move them into this tank. I Havnt put a new fish in here for maybe about 6 months now, maybe more. I check my water every 3-4 days, and it's perfect. So can you guys just please stop? I know what I'm doing, and I like to keep my fish healthy. I don't have enough money for a bigger tank, or I would for sure get one. I'm sorry.

If you can't afford a big tank don't get fish that get huge. You literally got like the biggest possible fish you can buy in a common pet store. I want lots of neat fish but I don't buy them because my tank isn't big enough. Sometimes you have to go with another better stocking option.

I've had the goldfish for over 4 years in this tank, with these fish. The breeders at the angelfish place said that they are perfectly fine for my 20 gallon. I have a dwarf gourami, and I had more silver dollars but they just all died BEFORE I had the angels, and the goldfish, and the gourami! Look at my water tests, (pictures above) perfect water! I do understand what you're saying, but what do you expect me to do??!!?!? I cannot afford a bigger tank!

Thanks a ton for making me feel lower than you all. And making me feel like a horrible fish owner.

Were just trying to tell u what ur doing wrong!!! We trying to help u!!!

View attachment 226879 there are 7 fish and ur gray angel has cloudy eye And u black one looks like it has Ick or parasites.

That was an old pic, and the fish you labeled as #5 died. That is the black angels colour, not ich or parasites. The gray ones eye looks like that because of the reflection of the glass!

We are not Trying to make you feel bad just to point you in the right direction. If you can't have a bigger tank why not just rehome these fish and get some nice fish that can work for this size tank!

You are not a bad person for keeping fish. We all make rookie errors in the beginning. That being said, I do have to agree that though your tank might have been running for a while, you do have incompatible species.

Goldfish are cold water fish, and they do get massive. They need a much larger tank than the one you are providing. It is more than just the water parameters---goldfish kept on small tanks will be stunted. This is when their bodies stop growing but their internal organs do not. This results in a painful death for the fish. Is there any way you can rehome your goldfish? Put him on craigslist? Do you have a garden store that might have a pond that you can donate him to?

If you can't afford a big tank don't get fish that get huge. You literally got like the biggest possible fish you can buy in a common pet store. I want lots of neat fish but I don't buy them because my tank isn't big enough. Sometimes you have to go with another better stocking option.

I got all of these fish when they were half the size. The store owner said that they wouldn't get this big.

You are not a bad person for keeping fish. We all make rookie errors in the beginning. That being said, I do have to agree that though your tank might have been running for a while, you do have incompatible species.

Goldfish are cold weather fish, and they do get massive. They need a much larger tank than the one you are providing. It is more than just the water parameters---goldfish kept on small tanks will be stunted. This is when their bodies stop growing but their internal organs do not. This results in a painful death for the fish. Is there any way you can rehome your goldfish? Put him on craigslist? Do you have a garden store that might have a pond that you can donate him to?

I can maybe try to rehome my goldfish.

We are not Trying to make you feel bad just to point you in the right direction. If you can't have a bigger tank why not just rehome these fish and get some nice fish that can work for this size tank!

I can try to rehome my goldfish.

Well never go to tht store again!!!! He's just trying to make money off of u

The goldfish I got at a fair, expecting them to die the next morning. I was just playing the game for fun, wouldn't think I would win anything

I understand that you all are just trying to help, and I greatly appreciate it.

Yea I understand that I got one too because I thought feeder fish stay the same size :|. Well mines now 8 inches long in my 10 gallon!!!! Yikes. I'm giving him to my friend as soon as the weather warms up here!!! He has a 300 gallon pond!!!

My friend has a 30 gallon that she only has one goldfish in, and I can try to give one, if not both away to her.

There isn't really any 'pond places' around me, because we are cold a lot. I live in michigan, and it's super cold compared to the other states.

Not to get off topic or anything but since this is actually a Angelfish thread here's the centerpiece of my 29 my Leopoldi angel
TftWhgt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom