Show me your angel fish and there tank mates!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U have a sliver dollar, 2 gourami, 2 Goldies and 2 angel fish

I'm no longer agreeing with you! Sorry had to edit that.. Either way her tank is incredibly overstocked and not one of those fish should be in that size tank. Angels should not be in anything less than 30 gallons (I say 55 minimum but not everyone agrees with that), comet goldfish get massive and need ponds not tanks. Silver dollars need to be in schools of over 4. Silver dollars are active fish that need absolutely nothing under a 55 gallon. I've seen a lot of people say 75 but as long as the tank has a length of 48" it's suitable for them. The angels look very sick. One has a Cloudy eye, this is brought on by bad water (in this case the overstocking is causing it) and can be easily fixed by a bigger tank and much better water. The other one looks like it has a very bad case of ich however it may just be the glass. I don't know how you can say you have "perfect water" when clearly you don't, indicated by the cloudy eye on the angel. Angel fish need warm, Tropical water temperatures while the goldfish need cooler temps.

I agree with you two different angels both look unwell. I also see a pleco? Maybe baby bnp in the third picture next to the dark angel either that or it's my phone! Definitely need to address stock. Sorry

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm no longer agreeing with you! Sorry had to edit that.. Either way her tank is incredibly overstocked and not one of those fish should be in that size tank. Angels should not be in anything less than 30 gallons (I say 55 minimum but not everyone agrees with that), comet goldfish get massive and need ponds not tanks. Silver dollars need to be in schools of over 4. Silver dollars are active fish that need absolutely nothing under a 55 gallon. I've seen a lot of people say 75 but as long as the tank has a length of 48" it's suitable for them. The angel look very sick. One has a Cloudy eye, this is brought on by bad water (in this case the overstocking is causing it) and can be easily fixed by a bigger tank and much better water. The other thing I've found is it looks like it has a very bad case of ich however it may just be the glass.

Everything is fine! My angel with 'cloudy eye' has had that sense we got him at the pet store over a year ago! And on my other one, that is not ich. That's his colouring, and it's also the glass. My tank is not over stocked, it's been like this for about a year. My water is healthy, (I can even take pictures if a test if you would like.) and they're the same angels! I have 3 tanks in my room, all different rocks and stones. I can take more pics of my tank, too. Can we just please stop this? My tanks are fine, my water is fine.

Everything is fine! My angel with 'cloudy eye' has had that sense we got him at the pet store over a year ago! And on my other one, that is not ich. That's his colouring, and it's also the glass. My tank is not over stocked, it's been like this for about a year. My water is healthy, (I can even take pictures if a test if you would like.) and they're the same angels! I have 3 tanks in my room, all different rocks and stones. I can take more pics of my tank, too. Can we just please stop this? My tanks are fine, my water is fine.

There's absolutely no way your water can be healthy. If it was healthy the angels eye would've cleared right up. You'r tank IS overstocked and there's no way you can say it isn't when it clearly is.

My tank is not over stocked! Want me to take a picture of my water test?

My tank is not over stocked! Want me to take a picture of my water test?

If it's the strips I don't, they're inaccurate and shouldn't be used. If it's the master kit id be delighted to see it. And Shelly I also see a bn pleco

You know what? I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I got those fish way before I really knew anything much about fish, except that they were beautiful, and that they needed to be fed. Most of my fish that was in this tank died awhile ago, and these are the one who did not die. I had double, maybe triple fish in this tank. I got the goldfish at a fair, and they just won't die! I've had them for 4 years and they were in a separate bowl but they both out grew it so I had to move them into this tank. I Havnt put a new fish in here for maybe about 6 months now, maybe more. I check my water every 3-4 days, and it's perfect. So can you guys just please stop? I know what I'm doing, and I like to keep my fish healthy. I don't have enough money for a bigger tank, or I would for sure get one. I'm sorry.

Could you guys just please stop making me feel like I'm a horrible person to keep fish? I just want to get along:)

[Q UOTE=Bichir Bro;2868342]I'm no longer agreeing with you! Sorry had to edit that.. Either way her tank is incredibly overstocked and not one of those fish should be in that size tank. Angels should not be in anything less than 30 gallons (I say 55 minimum but not everyone agrees with that), comet goldfish get massive and need ponds not tanks. Silver dollars need to be in schools of over 4. Silver dollars are active fish that need absolutely nothing under a 55 gallon. I've seen a lot of people say 75 but as long as the tank has a length of 48" it's suitable for them. The angels look very sick. One has a Cloudy eye, this is brought on by bad water (in this case the overstocking is causing it) and can be easily fixed by a bigger tank and much better water. The other one looks like it has a very bad case of ich however it may just be the glass. I don't know how you can say you have "perfect water" when clearly you don't, indicated by the cloudy eye on the angel. Angel fish need warm, Tropical water temperatures while the goldfish need cooler temps.[/QUOTE]

wait ur not agreeing with me? There is clearly 8 fish in the 3rd pic

Haha the addiction sure does get bigger!! I have 6 fish in there. My tank is fine, everybody. The water is in perfect condition, I don't over feed, and everyone gets along:)

I don't think you understand. Goldfish need completely different set ups with different parameters. It doesn't matter how many water changes you do or over feed plus goldfish are too big for a 20! A silver dollar needs a school in at least a 55 gallon. Angels need 30+ gallons too. Depending on the type of gourami it may also need a tank. It doesn't matter how many water changes you do or if you over feed or not when you're like 200% over stocked with fish that can't even be housed together. You seriously need to rethink your stock.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394410038.869348.jpg there are 7 fish and ur gray angel has cloudy eye And u black one looks like it has Ick or parasites.

Back
Top Bottom