Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Find out the day they receive the fish and by what time they are usually available. Best choice!!!

I got my avatar mustard gas betta and a beautiful all white half moon with just one freckle and a red white and blue one too but from P smart. The other one, P co store has the pretty Elephant ear and giant Bettas too. I always want to look at them, but I really can't, except for a perfect color blue and orange Mustard gas...I all but stopped looking at them on AB...because I love so many of them!!! And no more room :eek:!

P co has a small tank sale sometime during the year and the 5 and under gallons are half price. If anybody sees it give a holla.

Ooooh +1 I wanna know if anybody sees it before me too!

PetCo gets their Bettas from Seagrest Farms here in Florida. The lady responsible for the shipping is Missy, and she is really nice, but busy. If your PetCo rep has a good relationship with her, the possibilities are near to infinite.

Let's show some betta love! Here is my pride and joy...

I just set this guy up at work... Still don't know if he's going to color up or stay this way, either way is fine with me...

How many betta tanks do u have?

Just got this guy today at PetSmart. Sold as a Dragon Scale Crowntail. Not sure how accurate that is but I can't wait to get him home and acclimated!!

Stunning guy!!

I had a little heart attack this morning because Chuck was up by the filter & not moving AT ALL. I even poked him & not a budge out of him. I was devastated! I went to tell the hubby & came back & there was Chuck over the other side of the tank swimming away grand! [mod edit] lazy fish! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
My new boy. Started him this weekend in a 1.5 gallon, but the filter kept sucking his fins, so I bought him a 5.5 g with a better filter and moved him today

He has not eaten yet. When should I be worried?

He loves his little fake cave. Lays in it all the time.

Wow! He's beautiful!

image-97740585.jpg

This is our lil baby, Valentine, approx three weeks after purchasing...
Still can't wait to find out what kind of betta he/she will be, the final color and what the sex is!
When we bought, he/she was mostly white with some red on the fins...as you see now, he/she is much more red! I even took a pic with the flash on and it seems too look almost a blue iridescent!
Anybody have any ideas what kind of betta or the sex it could be yet? Or how long before you could even tell...?
Thanks In advance!
???

This is our lil baby, Valentine, approx three weeks after purchasing...
Still can't wait to find out what kind of betta he/she will be, the final color and what the sex is!
When we bought, he/she was mostly white with some red on the fins...as you see now, he/she is much more red! I even took a pic with the flash on and it seems too look almost a blue iridescent!
Anybody have any ideas what kind of betta or the sex it could be yet? Or how long before you could even tell...?
Thanks In advance!
?dc20?dc1f?dc21

So cute! Sorry I can't tell what sex it is yet but he or she is lovely :)

Beautiful! I'm just getting started with mine and very excited about it. Yours looks gorgeous! Whatever he/she is

Went to Petco, just to browse....came home with a small green female for my sorority, A wonderful Calico male doubletail (pastel pink, blue, and purple...pics to come) and my son got a baby betta....we can watch grow...no idea on sex, kind or color....like Christmas, have to wait to see what you get I guess. But I gotta find a tank for somebody we got more bettas than tanks!!!!

ForumRunner_20130316_172643.jpg

ForumRunner_20130316_172657.jpg

ForumRunner_20130316_172708.jpg

ForumRunner_20130316_172727.jpg

ForumRunner_20130316_172747.jpg

The females I picked up today. Two crowntails two halfmoons and two veiltails. They are acclimating now. Tried labeling which are which but for some reason the text won't go under the right picture... First group of two are veils, second group of two are the halfmoons and the ones under the text are crown tails, I think. Can't quite remember which order the pictures went in.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130316_172625.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130316_172625.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 113
The females I picked up today. Two crowntails two halfmoons and two veiltails. They are acclimating now. Tried labeling which are which but for some reason the text won't go under the right picture... First group of two are veils, second group of two are the halfmoons and the ones under the text are crown tails, I think. Can't quite remember which order the pictures went in.

They are all very beautiful! Good luck with them :)

They are all very beautiful! Good luck with them :)

Thanks! I was really happy when I saw them. But then again, the lady who runs my LFS is awesome and I knew she would do me well. She had everybody waiting for me behind the counter all pampered and hadn't even opened the box of sand she got in yesterday because she wasn't sure how many bags I needed so she didn't want to risk selling one if I needed both. I love having a good LFS. She picked out the prettiest of the veil females she got in for me, and the fancier ones were ordered in just for me. Going to introduce them to the tank now and start washing sand... I hate washing sand.

Thanks! I was really happy when I saw them. But then again, the lady who runs my LFS is awesome and I knew she would do me well. She had everybody waiting for me behind the counter all pampered and hadn't even opened the box of sand she got in yesterday because she wasn't sure how many bags I needed so she didn't want to risk selling one if I needed both. I love having a good LFS. She picked out the prettiest of the veil females she got in for me, and the fancier ones were ordered in just for me. Going to introduce them to the tank now and start washing sand... I hate washing sand.

I haven't seen pretty girls like yours in my lfs your really lucky! It's great when your lfs are so helpful my one is very good always willing to help. You enjoy cleaning your sand lol i just changed my tank over two weeks ago and that was the worse part of it!

I haven't seen pretty girls like yours in my lfs your really lucky! It's great when your lfs are so helpful my one is very good always willing to help. You enjoy cleaning your sand lol i just changed my tank over two weeks ago and that was the worse part of it!

She gets pretty Bettas as a rule, she just generally doesn't get many females in. Today I saw a gorgeous red white and blue delta tail male she had gotten in, and a steel blue crowntail with great finnage. I got a nice pastel halfmoon plakat from her in the past, and she showed me the absolutely stunning snowy white hmpk she got in at the same time as him. Not many boring "pet store" veil tails in there often. She takes good care of them, too. She may put them in small cups but the water gets changed in them daily and she feeds them good foods. Any sick fish get pulled and treated before she will put them up for sale. She is happy to treat any sick fish people have, too. Just bring them to her and she will take care of them and do all she can do to get them healthy again, free of charge. My neighbor has done that a few times.

Back
Top Bottom