Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got 3 new bettas from Walmart, yesterday. The females I wasn't really ready for, but I had to save them. The blue girl had less than an inch of water in her cup and the other one has a deformed dorsal. The male, I seriously just lucked out on. My husband doesn't understand my need to look at the bettas every time we are there.

Attachments

• deformedfem.jpg
    deformedfem.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 82
  • newfem.jpg
    newfem.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 89
  • New1.jpg
    New1.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 87
  • New2.jpg
    New2.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 89
Enardone said:
Got 3 new bettas from Walmart, yesterday. The females I wasn't really ready for, but I had to save them. The blue girl had less than an inch of water in her cup and the other one has a deformed dorsal. The male, I seriously just lucked out on. My husband doesn't understand my need to look at the bettas every time we are there.

Wow, you really did luck out with that male. I've never seen one like that at Walmart. Best lucky Walmart find of mine was a crowntail female. For like $3. I have to pay like $6 for a ct girl at my LFS, and I have to special order one there.

Yea, he was $3.50. All the females they had were VT, but I will be keeping an extra eye on them from now on. If I could find a HM female, I'd be in heaven!

Enardone said:
Yea, he was $3.50. All the females they had were VT, but I will be keeping an extra eye on them from now on. If I could find a HM female, I'd be in heaven!

I love that they don't differentiate tail types on the females. I hope I will get lucky like that again, but my Walmart only gets like 3 females at a time. Same with my LFS. Only veils and only 2 or 3 at a time. But she has ordered crowns and half-moons in for me before, they are just pricy. Spent about. $40 for the six girls I started my sorority with. All together I think I've spent like $150 on bettas in the past few months.... O.0

Yea, I just bought a tank meant to be a sorority and I ended up dividing it to put the surprise boy in it. Wasn't expecting to get a male already so I guess I'll be getting another tank soon, lol. They didn't really differentiate on the males here it was just CT's and Male Betta's.

I'm gonna take a guess that there are some betta breeders on this thread ;) If ya don't mind I have a question for you... How do you separate all of your males? Do you worry about them being able to see each other? I can't seem to figure out a way to keep them from seeing each other without giving each a divided section of the tank with some plants and I need to be able to put more males in the tank.

I'm gonna take a guess that there are some betta breeders on this thread ;) If ya don't mind I have a question for you... How do you separate all of your males? Do you worry about them being able to see each other? I can't seem to figure out a way to keep them from seeing each other without giving each a divided section of the tank with some plants and I need to be able to put more males in the tank.

If they grow together they do not trigger the territorial gene until later (3+ months). My brother had adult males (10+) on 40g tanks without a single incident.

I personally pull them out and jar them on jars that have 1/2 painted sides (black).

Ozzy the crown tail

Attachments

• image-2679205506.jpg
    image-2679205506.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 85
  • image-898909000.jpg
    image-898909000.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 81
It's been awhile since I've been on here. Good to see new users everywhere! Here's one of my favorite shots of my betta.

Attachments

• image-1848916757.jpg
    image-1848916757.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 123
Got some more pictures of my new guy flaring (I have no idea what to name him!). I thought he was a HM until he flared and now I'm questioning if he is a RT. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Flare (800x534).jpg
    Flare (800x534).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Flare2 (800x738).jpg
    Flare2 (800x738).jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Flare3 (800x534).jpg
    Flare3 (800x534).jpg
    123 KB · Views: 114
  • Flare4 (800x534).jpg
    Flare4 (800x534).jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 124
Got some more pictures of my new guy flaring (I have no idea what to name him!). I thought he was a HM until he flared and now I'm questioning if he is a RT. What do you guys think?

it looks like he just has a little bit of fin damage..

He does in the dorsal and anal. His caudal is perfect. I'm sure it goes with the territory of living in a cup.

I do see some rosetail influence or something in the 4th photo. On the second photo I had decided HM, but the fourth shows the "fluttery" effect that makes me think RT

He is gooood looking. Rico Suave.

Back
Top Bottom