Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright. I got him! I was so scared someone else would grab him before I could get there. He's fantastic.

I can't wait to see what he looks like once he colors up!

Attachments

• image-1892632499.jpg
    image-1892632499.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 119
Pics of some ladies in the new tank, featuring my big eared girls.

Attachments

• image-3404556394.jpg
    image-3404556394.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 95
  • image-3175332030.jpg
    image-3175332030.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 102
  • image-336245667.jpg
    image-336245667.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 93
  • image-2121592153.jpg
    image-2121592153.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 90
  • image-1088826744.jpg
    image-1088826744.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 90
  • image-1622186233.jpg
    image-1622186233.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 93
  • image-999374418.jpg
    image-999374418.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image-4188233807.jpg
    image-4188233807.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1688256514.jpg
    image-1688256514.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2964171092.jpg
    image-2964171092.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1712406181.jpg
    image-1712406181.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 83
Here is my beta on my computer desk. I bought this tank in petsmart its apparently brand new and never been on shelves before.. Made by top fin was $40.. Glass tank VERY sleek looking I love the way it looks.. Comes with a internal top fin filter. and a 15 LED light... With a top.. Great tank... 2.6 gallons.. I got a really cool looking beta too.. I loved his deep blue and emerald colors.. I didn't realize he had a black head though and my rock selection was simply because it was left over rocks I had from my other tanks... It turned out really nice because he his half black and blue lol... Im using my roman ornaments and my Java fern and moss ball from my 55g.. Since they don't need much light to grow and I figure this WHITE LED isn't really good for plants... I also bought him a small cave ornament for him to hide in.. He has the personality to where he loves to swim in the tank and also he seems to love to fight the slow current my filter makes I dunno why but he always goes to exhaust and swims around it.. Then he goes to his cave and sticks his black head out like a shark or an eel. He is pretty cool. Im deciding if I should get a small heater though.. My 5.5g Beta tank is a typical rectangle glass tank and it has one because being downstairs the temps would get in the 60's.. This tank is upstairs in my room and I noticed during the day when I have the pump on it gets around 78f, when I turn it off at night so I can sleep temps go to 72f in the morning.. The third pic you can see him hiding in his cave

I think most people would suggest that you get a heater as betta are tropical fish....they generally like it around 76 degrees and temp fluctuations can stress them out.

I was heartbroken today in Walmart. Split up three cups where people put two bettas in a cup to fight and found another cup with three dead bettas in it - one that was so pretty I wanted to buy him yesterday but I didn't have space for another male. Really regretting not buying him now. People really really suck. One of the fish that I separated looked mortally wounded with his gills protruding from his gill plates, but the others seemed to mostly just have fin damage. I wanted to bring them all home with me but I have no more tanks, plus I am moving soon so I can't really set more up right now.

I was heartbroken today in Walmart. Split up three cups where people put two bettas in a cup to fight and found another cup with three dead bettas in it - one that was so pretty I wanted to buy him yesterday but I didn't have space for another male. Really regretting not buying him now. People really really suck. One of the fish that I separated looked mortally wounded with his gills protruding from his gill plates, but the others seemed to mostly just have fin damage. I wanted to bring them all home with me but I have no more tanks, plus I am moving soon so I can't really set more up right now.

I'd be reporting that to the SPCA, that is blatant cruelty, no different to dog or cock fights.

I'd be reporting that to the SPCA, that is blatant cruelty, no different to dog or cock fights.

I doubt they would be able to do much. Unless they caught someone in the act the only "justice" would probably be a fine to Walmart. I do plan on speaking to a manager next time I go in there. I know the store has some high tech cameras, so maybe if they know someone might call in the SPCA they will keep an eye out for it and stick more asset protection staff in that area of the store.

I doubt they would be able to do much. Unless they caught someone in the act the only "justice" would probably be a fine to Walmart. I do plan on speaking to a manager next time I go in there. I know the store has some high tech cameras, so maybe if they know someone might call in the SPCA they will keep an eye out for it and stick more asset protection staff in that area of the store.

I'd honestly have kicked off massively, I'd actually have went nuts, taken loads of photos and sent them to several large newspapers. That's after loosing it with the people responsible. Absolute disgrace.

Is this really how they are kept? On shelves in tiny cups and kept in bulk?

I'd honestly have kicked off massively, I'd actually have went nuts, taken loads of photos and sent them to several large newspapers. That's after loosing it with the people responsible. Absolute disgrace.

Yeah, when I left I realized I should have taken pictures. But my only thought was to get those poor fish separated. And personally, I would rather see Walmart look into finding who is doing it than to get Walmart in trouble. That won't really help things for the fish. Although if they don't care, that's another story. For one thing it makes it look like they don't care about the animals they sell and for another, someone is willfully damaging and destroying some of their merchandise.

New Baby. Only in cup for pics. The place I got her from does keep them in cups, but is very good at maintaining the water in their cups and the fish always look pretty healthy.
"She" is kinda blue. I am thinking Visage will be the name. It is a character from DOTA 2. Not positive yet though.

Attachments

• PA311212.jpg
    PA311212.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 118
  • PA311225.jpg
    PA311225.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 111
Bit blurry but this is my first betta, named him nightshade, also have two ghost shrimps called bubba and gump/6 tetras named after the Cullen's by my niece because they 'shine in the light! Lol

I got a true purple dragonscale my mom got for me from Petsmart he's a lovely color wish I could post a pic

Back
Top Bottom