Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is my newest boy--I am working I a novel, so he has joined me in my home office. I found him at Walmart on a Monday...decided if he was still tree when I did my grocery shopping that Thursday he was coming home with me. He was, so I grabbed him up. I tested the ammonia in his little cup and can't even believe he was still alive! He had a touch of fin rot which is healing nicely. He's active and eats like a piggy, and is enjoying his 5.5 gallon all to himself.

Meet Zorro:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394821492.122366.jpg
Here was his water test from his cup.

And here he is a week later:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394821535.791667.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394821575.227752.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394821591.310250.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394821612.512334.jpg

I REALLY like this picture. Its the first time he's blown a bubble nest since I've had him ?

Sent from my XT1058 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1394827831157.jpg
    1394827831157.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 113
And this guy just constantly blows little nests all over his tank..
yqequ3av.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1394828320571.jpg
    1394828320571.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 111
Finally snapped a better pic of my guy! He has finally settled into his new tank and is quickly becoming my favorite fish!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394834569.824273.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394834578.365131.jpg

Hi , lovely fish , I really wanted to get a betta , but got told because I have male guppies I couldn't get one as they would fight , is this true cause I have seen some pics on here we're they have a betta and guppies so now abit confused ?

Hi , lovely fish , I really wanted to get a betta , but got told because I have male guppies I couldn't get one as they would fight , is this true cause I have seen some pics on here we're they have a betta and guppies so now abit confused ?

Guppies can be very nippy, and bettas tend not to like that. They may see them as competition and try to fight them. In a large enough tank, with many hiding places, I don't see it being an issue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Here is my betta in a community tank and he is lovely/friendly/passive.

Attachments

• Blue Light Betta.jpg
    Blue Light Betta.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Betta Close-Up.jpg
    Betta Close-Up.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Betta.jpg
    Betta.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 125

See my post above, i have 10+ guppy, 3 x golden barb, 2 bristlenose plec, 1 larger plec, 6 x neon, 3 d.molly, 2 platy, algae eater x 2 aswell as my betta.

I went to my lfs and find my betta in a tank with guppys living peacefully with them so i decided that he was the one to add to my tank.

Take a look around and see how what you find, what do you have in your tank?

Ohh okay yeah I wouldn't get one now as we have enough fish I have
- 3 guppies
- 2 platy's
- 2 suckers ( I think there called Plecos no hundred percent sure what there called as this is my first fish tank lol)
- 2 mini white cat fish
- 1 silver shark
- 2 little dwarf things not sure what they are called there little orange things lol
- 2 gourami's
- 3 little illuminous things forgot what are aswell
Sorry I don't no all the names as said it's my first fish tank but looking to go bigger as now I'm completely in love with them so relaxing to watch :)

Well enjoy the hobby and you will soon start learning new things everyday. I'm a little lucky to have had fish tanks to grow up with so I knew the basics. I joined her to expand my knowledge and once I have completed my cichlid set up, I'm sure I will be jumping in to the deep end of marine. Hard work but so worth it. Anyways, if you need any help I'm always poppin on here everyday.

Yeah I have heard marine are really hard to look after but I suppose if u can do them go ahead wish u luck with that and thank you :)

Here's my three rescued Walmart boys:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395430051.893400.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395430065.226109.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395430078.611349.jpg

Buckshot and Silo are my newest, both battling a bout of fin rot but looking better since I brought them home this week. Now I'm out of tanks and seeded media....so I think I'm done ;)

What tank size and equipment should I have for my betta. I have him in my community tank but I'm starting a fresh cichlid tank but I want to keep him on his own?

Thanks Shelly! They are my pride as joy.

What tank size and equipment should I have for my betta. I have him in my community tank but I'm starting a fresh cichlid tank but I want to keep him on his own?

I would recommend no less than 2.5 gallon, though a five would be certainly better. A heater is a must, and a filter with an adjustable flow (or sponge filter) is recommended. Substrate, whichever you prefer. I like my sand tank best. Silk plants are best for bettas because their fins are delicate and easily ripped. Add in a cave or place to hide and you'll be good to go.

I had a Betta who would pal around with about 6 young male Guppies and continued to do it for a very long time. Since Guppies are VERY active and the Betta would get tired and go rest and then later be right back at it.

It really just depends on the personality of the Betta whether it gets along with the other fish or not. The one mentioned above really loved hanging out with the other fish. I have had some which tolerated other fish and some which would not get along with any fish, even one which wouldn't allow a little snail in HIS space.

Plz help....I bought Dis from a pet shop..is Dis a plakat....or a female...

Sent from my E3 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom