Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My guy finally arrived yesterday :) I absolutely love him, a feisty boy!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426426457.404293.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426426475.520159.jpg

'Thor' and his set up are my most favourite Mother's Day presents ever!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Congrats K! He's stunning, love his name :) he's a very lucky boy.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

I have had multiple bettas my first named Captain America had a blue body with red fins and a white head passed on peacefully. My second named Sunshine because of his color and his kind personality torward other fish (including guppies) was looking for food at the bottom of the tank when a rock shifted position and he was trapped. My third and still living named Dwarf (has unusually short fins for a male) is doing fine in a 40 gallon community but will be soon moved to a 10 gallon. I am also planning to get a large bright orange Betta from my LFS.

They can definitely be addictive! Nice to hear about bettas successfully living with other fish. Pi shares his home with 6 green rasboras and red rili shrimp, doesn't bother either of them.

They can definitely be addictive! Nice to hear about bettas successfully living with other fish. Pi shares his home with 6 green rasboras and red rili shrimp, doesn't bother either of them.

Sometimes I think it's funny how large chain pet stores deny the truth about how bettas can get along with other fish.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426442985.274248.jpgheres my little guy he's very active and constantly moving around its so hard to get a decent photo of him lol

Congrats K! He's stunning, love his name :) he's a very lucky boy.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Thank u! I am so happy with him. Very active and entertaining :) Now I want a dragon HMPK :-/ When will this ever end........

Yeah, they are only heritable characteristics. The only question is if one is dominant and the other recessive or if they are incompletely or codominantly heritable. Point is, they can have genes for both.

Back
Top Bottom