Shrimp help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe red cherry shrimp just NOT ghost because ghost are kinda aggressive

I have never had a problem with ghost shrimp. There are accounts of them eating small fish, but i do not believe it. They wont mess with a beta

Agreed. To be safe I would go with ghost shrimp or amanos. neocaridina are on the small side, and more expensive than ghost shrimp should the betta decide to have a snack.

Maybe red cherry shrimp just NOT ghost because ghost are kinda aggressive

I have no idea where you got that;)
There is no shrimp under 3 inches adult which is aggressive.........lol

Activeness and aggressiveness are totally diff. things:D

ghost shrimp are super active

I'd say amanos have the best chance of survival as they get quite large, up to 3" for females... BUT they can't breed in FW.....I'd do RCS if you want, make sure to stuff a few floating plants and at least they will thrive somewhat and at least be producing babies:D

I have no idea where you got that;)
There is no shrimp under 3 inches adult which is aggressive.........lol

Activeness and aggressiveness are totally diff. things:D

ghost shrimp are super active

I'd say amanos have the best chance of survival as they get quite large, up to 3" for females... BUT they can't breed in FW.....I'd do RCS if you want, make sure to stuff a few floating plants and at least they will thrive somewhat and at least be producing babies:D

Probably "aggressive" because they will snatch at fish swimming by. Mine snatch at darn near anything that moves. But I don't think it's so much aggression as scavenging. I think he used a bad choice of words myself.

And the RCS wouldn't last long. Been there, tried it with 10 different bettas, all RCS were considered dinner. The bettas got more seafood than I do.

Back
Top Bottom