Shrimp molted....3 weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lagger

Aquarium Advice Activist
I came home over the weekend to find my shrimp had molted again. This is the 2nd time since I've had it that it has done this. The first time was only 3 weeks ago.

Is this normal to have the shrimp molt every 3 weeks? Does it really grow that fast or is my water quality to blame?

I have a lobster that molts every 4 weeks. I dont see anything wrong with my water. My guess is that you`ll be OK.

I agree w/Brenden, my fire shrinp molted about 1 week after I introduced him. I just put in a cleaner this past weekend, I'll see when he molts...might have to do with possible better H2O paramiters in our tanks...wink...

My cleaner shrimp molts all the time. He did molt a lot when i first got him come to think of it. He hasnt done it in a couple of weeks so i'm expecting it any day now.

You mean the time inbetween moltings gets less & less?
IME yes. They molt more frequently when first introduced. As they settle in it seems to get less and less frequent over time.

All of my shrimp molted within the first 2-4 days of being introduced to the tank. I personally think a lot of it has to do with them being out in the open with no cover at the lfs and as soon as they feel they can hide within our lr they decide it’s time.

Normally my peppermints will molt every 3-4 weeks like clockwork. They will molt more when they are younger and growing and it will slow to every 2-3+ months when full adults.

My adult cleaner and CBS both about 2 ½” long only molt about every 2 months.

My cleaner shrimp used to molts once every 2 or 3 weeks. One day i woke up and walked right to my tank. The spawn scared the heck out of me cuz i thought my shrimp died.

O yea, should i take the spawns out or is it not necessary?

I always leave mine in. The hermits get to them in a day or so.

My arrow crab has molted twice, right at a month apart.

My cleaner shrimp molted 4 days after I brought him home. He's already brave enough to pick at my fingers (it tickles).

Back
Top Bottom