Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay I have posted pics of my shrimp and snails but not the tank as a whole, so here we go! Be gentle on me I'm the sensitive type! lol :hide:

I love it! My fave tanks are the ones that look completely natural. Well done! (y)

Pssst, you can come out from hiding now.

:thanks: Yeah I love natural tanks, to me they are just beautiful. Once the dwarf hairgrass grows a bit more and I can get some moss started on the driftwood, I think it will look 100 times better.

Dude you've been hiding that from me? It's so pretty lol.

Thanks MABJ, honestly your opinion matters greatly! Only thing I am lacking now is some floaters. Thinking about getting some frogbit and water lettuce, maybe some red root floaters not sure. Already have duckweed from the local ponds lol.

Sake said:
Thanks MABJ, honestly your opinion matters greatly! Only thing I am lacking now is some floaters. Thinking about getting some frogbit and water lettuce, maybe some red root floaters not sure. Already have duckweed from the local ponds lol.

:D thanks! Well on duckweed, I greatly regret putting it in. I'd much rather have frogbit or salvinia only. My duckweed is edging out the salvinia for life lol.

Keep it sectioned off! They're pains in the behinds if they mess with your filter flow.

I LOVE the stick I put in to be honest. The snails love it. It sticks out of the tank just a little and it's cool cause you can see how they look out of the water.

I'm also jelly of your DW. I want willow moss to drape over some DW.

Well on duckweed, I greatly regret putting it in.
I actually have some tall stem plants that pop out of the water and keep it corralled and away from the filter flow. Also i have a bit of water wisteria just floating on the surface and gravity taking effect they all seem to gravitate to that.

If you're ever in St. Louis, I'm so taking you to my driftwood spot it's just insane! 100's of trees uprooted from floods most of the bark is stripped off already, just have to climb through the clutter and find the piece ya want. There's also loads of ponds there, that's where I got those reddish plants ya see in the tank.

Here is one little snarl of trees, Just imagine one of these every couple of hundred feet. Took me days but I found the perfect drift wood for each tank.

Very cool! It sounds like fun. Didn't know you could just pluck sticks off the ground! I might have to do that.

I think it'd be cool to use local fauna and flora. We have no real water flora that's warm water here, I don't think. But I'll have to investigate.

There are some interesting crayfish in the river I used to have fun catching while in my wading boots. I even got a salamander once lol. I kept it for a few days then let it go.

Yeah I've been catching all kinds of stuff around here since I was a kid, ranging from amphibians to mammals and everything in between. Waders really? You wuss you aren't having fun till you have to drive home half naked without shoes cause you're soaked! lol

Okay I have posted pics of my shrimp and snails but not the tank as a whole, so here we go! Be gentle on me I'm the sensitive type! lol :hide:

nice tank!
what kind of snails and substrate do you have again?

In that tank I have Tahitian Moon from petsmart. Snails, I have pond/ramshorn that I collected from local ponds, assassin snails which I bought from Msjinkzd, and malaysian trumpet snails, which were given to me for free when I bought the assassins.

In that tank I have Tahitian Moon from petsmart. Snails, I have pond/ramshorn that I collected from local ponds, assassin snails which I bought from Msjinkzd, and malaysian trumpet snails, which were given to me for free when I bought the assassins.

oh okay. is the tahitian moon sand large grain?

Not sure what is large or small grain to you but to me this is a medium grain.

You should post some of your invert photos here, I saw them in the other thread, they're gorgeous. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom