Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woot! Just commented on that thread. Thanks, Tina!

I'm sure they're eating algae and bio film, Sake. I just wanted to see if you were special feeding them.

MABJ said:
Woot! Just commented on that thread. Thanks, Tina!

I'm sure they're eating algae and bio film, Sake. I just wanted to see if you were special feeding them.

You're welcome. If you buy a group of juvies you'll almost always have both sexes. Juvies ship better and adapt better.

I just gave a club member 10 RCS today :)
One was a young berried female. I'm sure she'll have both sexes.

Yeah. You can guarantee you'll have one to three out of 10 as females

Coursair said:
I don't use an airstone. Most air pumps are noisy and I like a quiet tank. Plus since my tanks are heavily planted I'm going for a natural look.

^

Same here.

I do an HOB filter. But the tank I'm changing my main to a built in Sump.

I thought about an airstone in my tank, but passed on it, sometimes it's nice to have a calm spot in the tank where the shrimp can hang out with no currents.

Sake said:
I thought about an airstone in my tank, but passed on it, sometimes it's nice to have a calm spot in the tank where the shrimp can hang out with no currents.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I have to have my air stone on at night, and when ever I see a shrimp get tossed half way across the tank from going into the stream of bubbles, I feel pretty bad haha

Sake said:
Found 4 new babies today :D For some reason my baby shrimp love to hang out on my anubias plant not that I mind makes if fairly easy to spot them lol.

Still have 4 more berried females lovin my shrimp so far lol. Getting sick of the pics yet? XD

Never sick of pictures! They're so cute. I can't wait for my girls to have babies.

Dang was just sorting through all my old pics deleting the bad ones and I can't believe how much my tanks have changed since I started. So much growth they look completely different. I have a date with a hot chick tonight but maybe tomorrow I'll put up a few full tank shots. Hot chicks > tank pics....<3 hot chicks lol. Once I get just a few more babies I will be setting up another 10 gallon for her daughter so I'm excited about that...I think my favorite part is setting the tanks up lol. wow I'm babbling now...

Sake said:
Dang was just sorting through all my old pics deleting the bad ones and I can't believe how much my tanks have changed since I started. So much growth they look completely different. I have a date with a hot chick tonight but maybe tomorrow I'll put up a few full tank shots. Hot chicks > tank pics....<3 hot chicks lol. Once I get just a few more babies I will be setting up another 10 gallon for her daughter so I'm excited about that...I think my favorite part is setting the tanks up lol. wow I'm babbling now...

Shut up old man! Lol. Well sounds good. And yes. Life over simulated life and hobbies. But I love setting them up too. Wouldnt it be cool if you could start a business off starting tanks for people? You could even market an insta cycle using pre cycled media from your established tanks. Make a killing! :p.

Back
Top Bottom