Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very beautiful :) I don't know the plant, but I'll say my favorite thing so far is the DW with a lot of plants growing on it :)

Yeah once I get a bit more Java moss it will be covered lol. Here shortly I'll remove all the floating wisteria I don't like the way it looks, but the baby shrimp LOVE hanging out on it so I'll leave it be for a short time till they get a bit bigger then yank it.

Sake said:
Yeah once I get a bit more Java moss it will be covered lol. Here shortly I'll remove all the floating wisteria I don't like the way it looks, but the baby shrimp LOVE hanging out on it so I'll leave it be for a short time till they get a bit bigger then yank it.

Aww. Cute little babies. Any made it to adulthood yet? I've got a new batch of babies, and the babe that came with my original set of shrimp is an adult now too

I've got 3 that are juvies right now and another 5 that aren't babies but aren't juvies yet maybe toddlers? lol It's strange I was gone all weekend and all my berried shrimp hatched their eggs so now I've got tons of babies. That 28 count was just in the first half of the tank, I can't see them well enough in the back lol.

Sake said:
I've got 3 that are juvies right now and another 5 that aren't babies but aren't juvies yet maybe toddlers? lol It's strange I was gone all weekend and all my berried shrimp hatched their eggs so now I've got tons of babies. That 28 count was just in the first half of the tank, I can't see them well enough in the back lol.

Very cool :) lol you're gonna be overrun soon!

Okay new count just tossed in an algae wafer, up to 40 although I may have counted the 3 on the anubias twice so we'll call it 37 lol.

Sake said:
Okay new count just tossed in an algae wafer, up to 40 although I may have counted the 3 on the anubias twice so we'll call it 37 lol.

:O go you. You'll be making a living off selling shrimp soon :D

Oh yeah I uploaded photos to photobucket and posted them in a thread worked liked a charm. I can post 8 instead of 4, and I'm guessing it doesn't take up room here so you ought to give it a shot next time you post pics of your tank MABJ

Updated count just to annoy MABJ lol....62 babies O.O

Sake said:
Updated count just to annoy MABJ lol....62 babies O.O

Lol! I counted about 10 :D yours aren't Sakura/painted, are they?

Tank is looking good. I am thinking about putting together a basic shrimp display at some point soon with mine. We are moving the two big racks into a spare room inside so I'll have more to work with, as far as making things look good goes anyway.

jetajockey said:
Tank is looking good. I am thinking about putting together a basic shrimp display at some point soon with mine. We are moving the two big racks into a spare room inside so I'll have more to work with, as far as making things look good goes anyway.

Cool beans! What kind of size would you be looking at?

I've already torn down my original shrimp tank, a 40b, and I'm going to restart it. The fry numbers were dwindling so I don't know what was going on in there but it was a gradual decline over months. I put a few dozen adults that I had left into a 15g for the time being and the walls are literally covered with tiny shrimp specks, so that's a good sign.

So for now I'm redoing the 40b and a small fluval chi.

Sake said:
I haven't been too concerned with grading them, you do it and let me know :p

Those look very bright. My females look pretty much the same. I don't like to "grade" RCS because they're all pretty much the same. It's a measure of color intensity instead of pattern. It's like grading rams or guppies... It's just not very useful or reliable.

Back
Top Bottom