Shrimp with corys and otos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoatcheesePizza

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey people, I a 10g and wondering if i could put some smaller shrimp in with corys and an oto? i dont have any of these yet but just for later...

I was planning on having two corys and an oto. maybe just one of each.. what do you think i should get?

With the ottos you could do maybe 3. For cories... You need to either go Pygmy or a 20 gallon tank. Lol.

how many pygny ones could i get? and how many shrimo could i get if i only do one oto and maybe two pygmies? (if its fine to have that)

Oh btw i have other fish in there too. hah does that change anything? right now all i have are two balloon mollies. wanting to get a few more other fish tho...

Oh btw i have other fish in there too. hah does that change anything? right now all i have are two balloon mollies. wanting to get a few more other fish tho...

I'd say that 3-5 pygmy cories and 10-20 shrimp are a good choice. Otos do not work well in a newish small tank IME. Skip them and re-evaluate in 6 months or so. Most anything else will outcompete your balloon mollies for food. They are deformed and tend to be fairly slow and clumsy.

Back
Top Bottom