Shrimps Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirCastic

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can all freshwater shrimps live together, i'm setting up a planted 125 and i want a variety of shrimps. i'm going to have a lot of moss, moss balls, and flowing plants. Currently in my 55 i have some ghost shrimp, a bamboo shrimp, and some cherry shrimp. Can all Shrimp live together, i had my eye on some fish at my LFS and some on ebay.

Thanks

All ive heared is that they can but ghost shrimps kill red cherry shrimp sometimes

Yes... Generally LFS sold dwarf FW shrimp can be kept together .. with the exception of some larger macro shrimp which are more predatory.

However if your looking to breed shrimp without mixing breeds, then a rule to follow is to keep Neocaridina with Caridina. So in a 125 you can keep a ton of RCS, Amano, Ghost and Bamboo shrimp without any cross breeding.

Ghost are a bit territorial and may attack... From what I've heard baby RCS ... but plenty of members have RCS with ghost with no issues.

Ghosties are difficult because alot of stores sell different shrimp as ghost shrimp. Some are aggressive some are not. If you keep shrimp capable of interbreeding you may have issues as stated above.

Back
Top Bottom