Shroom Question???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dolphinsfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 65w corallife aqualight w/ a 50/50 bulb on my 26 gal bow. I only have a few different mushroom varieties in addition to my live rock. Are there any other coral varieties I could keep with the current lighting? Also, I noticed that my shrooms expand much fuller in my tank than in the LFS tank where I purchased them. Is this normal? My tank has been running for about 1 1/2 years.

Nothing wrong with them being fuller. Mine are as big as a softball. I dont know what that says for your lfs. As far as other corals maybe some zoos and orange tube coral or sun polyps as otherwise known. They dont require much light but they do require some work as they need to be target fed. At least mine do anyway.Maybe others will also have some ideas.

To much light will actually cause mushrooms to draw up and not expand to their potential, which is what you are experiencing. Button polyps or yellow polyps may do ok under those lights.

Back
Top Bottom