Shy Feather Dusters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike0179

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a 5 pound piece of Fuji live rock about a month ago. After a bit of re-aquascaping, i have noticed 3 very... very ...tiny feather dusters on one side (side i could not see before.)

after a few days of observation I’ve noticed that they rarely come out. In fact I’ve only seen them out of their "shells" (what is the correct term?) for a total of 5 or 10 min in 3 days. Is this normal behavior? Are my dusters sick or unhappy? :(

Also, since I would assume these are growing and not dying what do they eat? I’ve heard they need things like brine shrimp nauplii, rotifers... to survive (and only that). I have not been supplementing them any food but they seem to be doing okay for now.

Is this normal behavior and what should I be feeding my newfound friends?

They live in tubes, and get nourishment from water changes as well as when you feed the tank. As for why they aren't coming out, could be due to you moving the rock around. Maybe they are not happy there. Different light, different flow area. If they aren't happy, they will move. I wouldn't worry much.

Back
Top Bottom