Sick clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfoster355

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 15 gallon column tank with two clownfish, watchmen goby, peppermint shrimp, and pistol shrimp. I have had the clownfish for about a month and they have been doing well until today. The smaller of the two clownfish has a black "pimple or wart" like bulge on his abdomen. The bulge appeared overnight. I took my water to get tested yesterday and the nitrate and nitrite levels were slightly elevated so I did a 1 gallon water change and will do another on friday. Does anyone know what this black bulge might be??

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 100
  • photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 104
Looks like the same bacterial infection mine had... Unfortunately I didn't have such good luck with my fish. He was dead in three days. I would put him in a qt tank if you have one and get some meds from the lfs and follow those directions. Instant ocean makes a cure all med for fish. I would try that. I have attached a pic of what my fish had.

Attachments

• image-704425554.jpg
    image-704425554.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 92
Thanks, but I'm not sure if thats what the problem is. Today the black spot fell or dislodged from the clownfish and fell to the bottom of the tank. we removed it, but now the fish has an open wound. The wound is round and red/pink in color.

Back
Top Bottom