Sick danois need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mgonza11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Over the weekend one of my danios became lethargic with pieces of his tail and dorsal fins missing. and stopped feeding and I found it dead this morning with some white fuzzy stuff on its back. I think the fuzz might be white algae that has recently bloomed in the tank, at least I think it's algae. Today another Danio is looking a bit sluggish so I quarantined him just in case. The other danios, guppies and ghost shrimp are active and look healthy so any advice would really be appreciated before I lose any more fish.

Sounds like columnaris to me. Research it right away and see if it fits. It is extremely contagious and deadly, so check fast.

I did some research and it looks like it might be columnaris so I will head to the pet store tomorrow and get methylene blue to treat the fish and tank. Any suggestions for or against this treatment?

Someone with experience may chime in here. Meanwhile, just follow exactly the treatments you see online. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom