Sick fish. Not sure what'swrong and need help diagnosing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I could offer you a simple solution here but there is none. If he is bleeding from his anus, he is likely hemorrhaging internally from either infection or internal injury, but I am suspecting infection. If he is suffering unduly, you may want to consider euthanasia.
Doesn't sound very fun.

Update is not good. He's now even weaker and breathing is very shallow. Still bleeding occasionally from his anus. He's not even able to stay upright anymore ?

Update is not good. He's now even weaker and breathing is very shallow. Still bleeding occasionally from his anus. He's not even able to stay upright anymore ?
I would consider euthanasia if you don't want to see him suffer any longer, unless you think he can make it out. Take extra care of him.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, but the little guy didn't make it... I'm going to bury him in the garden now... I can't believe how quickly this all happened! What precaution should I be taking with my man tank? There's Melafix in there now and the other two goldies seem very normal, eating and active when I'm near the tank. Also just seen one of them poop and it looks normal. Black and short with no bubbles...

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, but the little guy didn't make it... I'm going to bury him in the garden now... I can't believe how quickly this all happened! What precaution should I be taking with my man tank? There's Melafix in there now and the other two goldies seem very normal, eating and active when I'm near the tank. Also just seen one of them poop and it looks normal. Black and short with no bubbles...
There's something i can tell you for sure. It's not you're fault, and you couldn't do anything to stop it. It's stuff that happens. Sorry for you're loss my friend.

I am very sorry :(

I would keep a very close eye on your other guys and do some extra water changes. If you notice anything strange (at all), be prepared to act fast.

Back
Top Bottom