Sick fish please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Km84

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I finally decided to put fancy goldfish in my 55gL tank and I went the the fish store I generally go to. I picked them out but he recommended I not buy one of them that he said they had ich. Do I didn't buy him or anyone in that tank. It was two days after I got them home that I noticed one was hanging around the bottom uncharacteristic of them. But I would put food in and they would all go crazy, the next day both he and another we're again hanging at the bottom. Then maybe two weeks after they were home both were dead. Now one of the others had a cloudy eye! Please help I don't want my poor fish to suffer!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi! I am afraid I am a bit confused by your post. You bought goldfish the lfs said were sick? Or you bought goldfish from another tank in the same store?

How many fish? How were they acclimated? What are your present numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph? What is your wc schedule? Some more information will help us to help you better! :)

No I didn't buy out of the same tank I bought from another tank in the store which apparently was still a mistake ! It's not a coincidence that my fish got ich and that's what the other tanks had in the store. I now don't know what the cloudy eye is or how to treat it

Not sure if one or both eyes infected? Also wondering if you have any water readings as well - ph, temp, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates? Pics are always helpful.

Back
Top Bottom