sick fish -- unable to keep upright.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Degus are a lot bigger than gerbils. I'd love to get a gerbil some day but I think my zoo is at its limit. (one cat, one rabbit, one parrot, one canary, two fish tanks and six chinchillas)

coolchinchilla

My sick cichlid died. :-(

My sick cichlid died.
:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Anyway, this afternoon I found him on the floor all dried up. :sorry: :cry: <sniff> He must have jumped out of his hospital bucket yesterday when I wasn't looking.

He was doing so well. I was going to put him back in the main tank in a few days. I set up his hospital bucket with a sponge filter, bubbler, heater, thermometer & an ammonia alerter. I made sure he had a good rock to hide under. I bought antibiotics for him and carefully dosed him for 5 days. I fished out gravel from the other tank so he would have some algae to munch on when he wanted. I bought him frozen brine shrimp to entice him to eat at first. I gave him some algae wafers and some pellets everyday. I changed part of his water every day. I worked so hard to take care of him. If he had died because of being sick or something, I could have told myself that I did my best for him. But to have him dry up on the floor seems so awful..... I feel so bad. Poor guy. He would have the physical pain from landing on the floor and then not being able to breath... what an awful way to die. :bawl: :cry: He was a plucky fellow and a pretty blue.

Thanks everyone for your help and encouragement about my sick blue cichlid. I'm just so sorry it ended up this way. :cry:

heavy heartedly,
coolchinchilla (the zoo minus one fish) :cry:

Back
Top Bottom