Sick Liz, sick puppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You got it, Tom - his ears were pretty clean when this happened, not as bad as they can get, so believe me I am definitely going to increase the ear cleanings. He will just have to get used to it.

This morning I was trying to get him into the back of the van to go to the vet's office, but he must have known something was up, because he would not put his front paws up on the bumper for me. If he does not get the front end, there is no way I can load him in there. I tried his favorite ball - no go. So I got a dog biscuit and he was up there in short time, and I easily lifted his hind end in. Then I realized, NPO after midnight!! I did not want him to aspirate anything during general anesthesia so I grabbed the biscuit out of his mouth, and he let me do it, no problem.

Later I realized how few dogs would let you take a treat right out of their mouths like that - what a good boy!! He was really shocked and disappointed that I would do that, though, pretty cold trick on my part. I kept looking into that dumbfounded face in the rearview mirror on the drive over.

Thanks for all of the well wishes - I awoke this morning after an uneventful night without any trips to the nebulizer, so I think I have turned the corner, and Cave' Canem has survived his ordeal too. People have been speaking of the "AA Family" and I'm sure feelin' it - Thanks all! :D

:lol: What a mug on that pooch. I WANT ONE!!!!! Hope all goes well.

Aww, he looks great! I am so glad all went well with his surgery. And its good to hear you are on the up-swing.

I know this is going to sound silly, but change what food hes eating...
I know his ears were clean when this problem came up...but...
if a dog has a allergy sometimes it will show up as infected ears. Our old Lab had some terrible ears... you could smell them from across the room if we didnt clean them almost every day... after suggested from our groomer/trainer I changed his food. it took about 1 1/2 months, but his ears cleared up, and havent had another ear infection. It was the corn in the food he was allergic to.

BTW... great pic.... Im glad everyone is doing well...

Melody - you are very likely right. This dog has some allergies, and it has only been in the last couple of years that we have found a food that does no cause him to either barf and have diarrhea or give him hives, so I am so nervous about switching food! I have found a bullmastiff breeder who has pet shop around the corner from me so I have been discussing this with her - she is so knowledgeable about the breed and knows what they are prone to, so we are going to give some of the elite foods a try. I will be doing twice a week ear cleanings per the vet from now on.

One of the twins has had the flu since Friday night, and I have been up all night with HER barfing, so my saga continues and I am getting further and further behind with work, so since she is healthy today I am going to buckle down and get all this work done.

The puppy dog's ear is granulating in and is likely to be healed completely by Monday, when we can finally take the silly hat off for good. :mrgreen:

ahhh geezzzz.... Im also getting over the flu. I was lucky enough to not be barfing, but I must say that every inch of my body burned... I kid you not that my HAIR hurt... and I had to ride in a truck all the way from FL like that.... I was ready to kill hubby by the time we got home. Well, Im so glad for you that everyone is doing well. and good luck playing catch up on all the work. Thats what I need to start on if I can just kick this headache!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom